TROUVAILLE

" James? Can I tell you something? "

" Of course, love. What is it? "

" I think....I think that you're my trouvaille. "

She was named for the stars; maybe that was why she loved them so dearly. Estelle Margot Dumont was an intelligent Ravenclaw with an aptitude for Astronomy and a love for the stars and constellations that shone against the black night sky. She was a beautiful mess of star charts, mugs half-filled with stale peppermint tea, and waves of brown hair that stuck up at odd ends and angles after a night of studying. She wasn't what one would call a social butterfly. Estelle had only ever had two best friends, along with a handful of other school friends she felt close to. The most tight-knit relationship she had was with her brothers, but mostly, she kept to herself.

He was the sun. As the ringleader of the Marauders, James Fleamont Potter was the human embodiment of loud and rambunctious, but he was also warm and loving when it came to those he cared about. He loved a good time, and nothing brought him greater joy than winning a Quidditch match. James was full of life, and was just about the most outgoing (and flirtatious) person you'd ever meet. Partying was like a natural-born talent for him, and he loved having friends. He saw the best in people— he loved people— and he loved to make them happy.

It had never occurred to either of them that they'd ever be friends. Estelle knew Remus rather well because they had been in the same Ancient Runes class since third year, and found him to be quite interesting and friendly. She'd also talked to Peter on occasion, but she couldn't even remember the last time she had so much as made eye contact with James Potter or Sirius Black.

But then, in their sixth year, they collided in a corridor, leaving James wondering about the puzzle of a girl Estelle was; he knew nothing about her other than the fact that she was a Ravenclaw, was in a few of his classes, had two brothers, and loved Astronomy. Soon after they became friends, she found herself falling for the lion-hearted boy. How could she not? He truly was like the sun, cascading warmth over everything and everyone he touched.  James was impossible not to love. The only problem was that he was already madly in love with Lily Evans, someone she knew well and never wanted to hurt.

And James did love Lily Evans—at least at the start of his friendship with Estelle. As time went on, however, the feelings between them were not so one-sided. He was just as much in love with her as she was with him, and he no longer cared about his lovely "Lilyflower" like he once did. Estelle was a beautiful, shining star herself and it got to a point where he couldn't remember what it was like not loving her. To most of the school's surprise, it was suddenly about his darling Estelle, his star, his Essie. They had a love that was astral, much like her; it was infinite, and both knew that never again would they love someone as much as they loved each other.

He was her trouvaille, and she was his.

" What's that, Essie? "

" It means lucky find in French. My mum and dad use it all the time. They use it as a way to say 'you're the love of my life', I think. Or soulmate. "

" Oh. Then you're my trouvaille too, love. "

CAST!

ALICE ENGLERT as ESTELLE DUMONT