Thirteen. I Love You

On a cold Friday day January evening, Jungkook rushes out to work after school.

Work has never been tiring for him; he enjoyed work but lately, all he wants to do is ditch work and just go on dates with Yein.

But he came to realize that he shouldn't get too clingy because she has her own life and he too also has his own life.

__________

" Hi what would you like to order? " he asks the customer that was standing before him.

The customer twirls the ends of her hair and looks up at the menu that was hanging on the wall behind Jungkook. Her eyes scanned the black board with lists of sweets, savoury, and beverages for a long time but she landed her eyes on Jungkook.

" Yes? " he asks.

" You've changed. " she spoke.

" Excuse me? " Jungkook replied back to the customer.

" You don't remember me do you. "

" I'm sorry but what are you talking about? "

" I'm Jung Chaeyeon. Your childhood friend. "

" Childhood friend? I never had anything like that. You're mistaking me for someone else. "

" Hm. I wonder if that's true. Jeon Jungkook. "

" You saying my name won't make me believe that you're my childhood friend. My name tag is right here on my shirt. " he points to his name tag.

" Haha. Smart. I thought you'd fall for it. " she twirls the ends of her hair once again.

" Can I get your order now? "

" I'll just have a regular ice coffee. But seriously, you're really cute. Do you have a girlfriend? " she asked.

" Yes, I do. I have no interest in you, I'm sorry. " he replied with a cold tone and it leaves her with a pout.

__________

" Yein where are you? " he asks her through the phone.

" Home. Where else would I be. "

" Let's go watch a movie or something. "

" We just watched a movie last week. I'm running out of money. "

" You cheapskate. "

" Excuse me? You're the one who keeps on taking me on dates! "

" You're the one who wouldn't let me pay for you! But anyways, let's watch a movie at home then. "

__________

" Aren't I coming to your apartment too often? " she said looking up to him but she could only see his chin because she was sitting with her body in front of him and in between his legs.

" Yeah but it isn't a bad thing. You like it here. " he rests his chin on her shoulder.

" That's true. " she smiles.

Throughout the movie they did not speak and only watched. The silence wasn't bad for them. They have gotten comfortable to the point that just hearing each other breathe was enough. But suddenly Jungkook leans down to kiss her and she was taken back by what he just did.

He only gave her a smirk and her eyebrows furrowed.

" What was that? "

" Nothing. I just felt like kissing you. "