20: What Does She Need?

Start from the beginning

"WHAT?!"

"oh you! Banshee hush up! why are you screaming?!"

"Wait... ahan! In love with him?you.. Love... Him!!?? Am I right? " I roll my eyes eventhough I know she can't see, she sure was wiggling her eyebrows .

"No, no it's just not that.. It's Ahh... I'll talk later" and I cut the call .

'He's found his girl' the words kept ringing in my ears.

What will I say to Humaira?

How is she going to feel about all this?

She already is in so much pain, I can't say to her, at least not now....

I love you , you love me, we're best friends and.... My mobile was ringing. I smiled at Nida di's choice and shake my head she must have changed my ringtone.

Some people always feel close to your heart and definitely present or not they can always keep you happy. It's like they know this certain thing would definitely bring up a smile be it for a minute or second...this same person was none other thaan Nida di to me... Well....Everyone has something special in them... It's just the matter of time and knowledge to know and sharpen it.

"mmmm... Yeah? " I say not sure what to start with.

"Why did you cut the call, no let me get to the point, do you like Ayaz? " she asks her voice dead serious like giving no choice but truth and to say it didn't compel me would be a lie.

"What?... No its not me, its.. Its.. " I kept thinking if I should say about Humaira, but she's still recovering I can't, not without asking her she'll get more depressed and it's not something to be said like this..

"Hellow?Naail ? You theeere? " she bellows dragging in a sing song voice. Knowing she wasn't serious anymore kept me at ease to think freely.

"Umm... Yeah just a friend you know, I guess she likes him " I lie .

"Ohh, that's it? "

"Yeah, why? "

"I have a feeling you are lying"she says, my heart skips a beat, I force a fake laugh trying to keep it nonchalant. I'm sure she knows I'm lying but not entirely. I don't know if I should be thankful for her skills of knowing and predicting things or that its gonna create a disaster in future if she comes to know certain things.

Future

Disaster

Those words itself gave me chills, I gulped inwardly. No one knows what the future beholds definitely... All we can do is pray and prepare and be practical for it.

" take care Nida di"

"No wait ! " she shrieks.

"Huh? "

"That girl na.... She fainted in school okay?, Ayaz took her to her house being the gentleman he is... And ofcourse because he's my brother... Okay okay... To the topic! ... Her name I guess was... Yes! Navya. The first time he saw her he kinda got lost into her and all so I said it like thaaat ....."she said dragging,

" You know na how I am? " I giggled at her famous topic exaggerating skills, at last she was accepting.

"Yeah , yeah ! (giggle) Allah-hafiz" I say.

"Allah-hafiz! "

I sighed in relief that it was nothing serious and fell asleep beside Humaira.