"You know Sophie's brother?" She asked him, then he nodded his head.

"He goes to school with me." He said, then Millie was shocked.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't realise that you were both wearing the same uniform!" She said with her hand over her mouth.

"It's fine, James is a nice guy."

"But I thought you told me that people from your school aren't allowed to know that you live here. Well, at least anyone but Brad."

"It's fine, Millie. James and I aren't exactly talking." Tristan said as he grabbed his little sister's school bag.

"But James is a really nice guy. He helped us with our homework while making it really fun."

"I'd rather not talk about it." He said as they both went down to the basement to their room. He opened the door and placed her school bag on her bed.

"Now, you just stay down here, okay? I'll bring you some food." He said, then he left her and went upstairs to do his kitchen duty.

"Tristan! Where have you been? My guests are coming soon!" His aunt told him, obviously stressed out by his timeliness.

"Sorry, auntie." He said as he continued cooking his special recipe of chili.

---

He went downstairs, really tired from his kitchen duty. He did bring a plate of chili for Millie as promised. He went down to their room and fed her. When she was done, he went upstairs again to put the used plate in the dishwasher, then his aunt approached him.

"The guests loved the chili, Tristan. Thank you so much." She said with a smile. He immediately smiled back - it was nice to know that his aunt actually enjoyed his cooking.

"Thank you, auntie, I'm really flattered." He said, then she gave him two £1 notes.

"My gratitude is a lot more than that, but unfortunately, that's all I can give you for now."

"It's alright, Auntie. I appreciate it." He said, then she left. He went downstairs to their room again, then he put the two notes in their savings jar.

"Auntie gave you extra allowance?" Millie asked as she looked up from her book.

"Yup." He said as he sat down on his bed.

"Of course she had to, that chili was great!" She said in delight. She looked at how high the money inside the jar was, then she smiled in delight.

"In no time, we'll be able to buy us a home to ourselves." She said as she smiled at him. "We could earn back the horses we used to own!" She said as she smiled at the memory.

"Anything for you, Millie. James and I will be always there for you." He said as he kissed her forehead. She went to her own bed and went to sleep, while Tristan started doing his homework. He was nearly done when the door opened. His brother, James, came in.

"Hey, James!" He said, almost too enthusiastically, considering that it was his first time to see him all week. James replied with a tired and sleepy grunt, which is what he would always sound like after a long day at work. He put down his bags and gave Tristan an envelope.

"I saw this letter last night while you were sleeping. It's for you." James said, then Tristan grabbed it so he could read it. Unfortunately, it contained bad news.

"I'm not going to reprimand you about it, but I am going to remind you that I'm trying my best so that the two of you could graduate, which is something mum and dad would like to happen."