Chapter 28 - She's our ...

Start from the beginning

"Sir!" Everyone turn towards the officer who comes holding a tiny toddler in his arms, Annapurna rushes to him a huge smile of relief on her face, "She was found crying near a tree in her arms Ma'am, the village people took her and informed instantly."

Annapurna takes her little daughter and embraces her, "Lavanya... Mera Baccha" she kisses her toddler but suddenly, "And my sister? "

"We found her dead body Ma'a" he replies with grief, "Seems like she protected her till death. Her condition was worse when she reached the nearby village, she asked them to take the baby and inform us. Unfortunately, when we reached there she was dead. We are sorry... "

Annapurna loses balance but Sujatha holds her on time, she smiles seeing at the toddler and takes her from Annapurna. "Jiji, atleast we have her now."

Flashback ends.

"Popsy!" 

"Hmm?"

Lavanya frowns, "I was better there only, atleast people over there had time for me!" 

"Emotional Blackmail?"

"Yes, Mr Shireesh Malhotra" she states folding her hands on her chest, "You know how much they used to pamper me, not like you always engrossed in those stupid files." 

"Fine, then go back. Go back to the people who took away your family from you, go back to the people who killed your Mom and Nani."

"Dad... " Lavanya stares at him shocked as Shireesh closes his eyes in pain, "It was an accident" she keeps her hand on his shoulder, "Right?"

He closes his eyes as his inner conscience stops him from speaking further, "I lied." Lavanya moves back unbelievably, "It wasn't an accident, they killed her Lav." He turns to face her, "That night that accident happened because of them, everything got destroyed just because of those Maheshwari's. Your Bhai died, your Maa and your Nanimaa, everyone who was our family died that night."

He holds her, "I just have you left Lav, promise me you would never go back to that house again." He takes her hand and keeps it on his head, "If you ever break my promise... "

"Dad... I would never break your promise. Lavanya Malhotra, your daughter would never go back to that house again Dad." She smiles at him and he hugs her happily, a tear trips down her cheek.

"You mean... "

"Yes Bhai! Lavanya is my twin sister! Our little sister Sanskar!"

Sanskar brushes his hair with a huge smile on his face which doesn't last longer, "But then Why did they keep her away from us? What happened to them?"

Laksh's fists clench in anger, "What else can happen Bhai" he says sarcastically, "Mr. Durgaprasad Maheshwari Happened!"

Flashback continue...

Sujatha smiles at little Lavanya, "Babu must be hungry na, come my princess let me feed you something... "

"Stop sujatha!" Sujatha and the others stare at him, "She's not our Lavanya anymore" Sujatha and Annapurna stare at him confused, "Bhaisaa... " Ram tries to say something.

"Yes Ram, she's not our Lavanya. Inspector thank you, you can leave now." The inspector leaves from there, "What are you saying ji?"

"Annu... our Lavanya died that night. This child is not ours, she's your sisters from the moment she saved her she became Lavanya Malhotra!"

Shireesh stares back at Durgaprasad confused as he takes the toddler from Sujatha who tries to hold her back, "Bhaisaa please... "

"Sujatha" he takes the baby from her and walks towards Shireesh, "She's your family from now Shireesh, don't say no. Because Latika gave her a new life and you deserve to be a part of it my brother. From today Lavanya Malhotra  is your family... "