Chapter 18 - The Seven Damn Promises Sanskar!

Sorry something wrong with the net connection here, hope it doesn't go again. 

It's evening and Tarun has come home to check Sanskar, as he prescribes some medicines Ragini just keeps staring at him.

"Do I look something different?"

"Hmm?"

"Ragini..."

"Oh I'm sorry, its just that I was... Lost somewhere"

"Any problem?"

"Nope , nothing that concerns you" She smiles at him trying to convince him.

"That means there is a problem". He takes her hand and holding it, he looks into her eyes, "What happened? I know you don't think of me as a close friend anymore, but you can think of me as a stranger and share it atleast."

"Shut up Tarun! You were, are and will be my closest friend. We are friends since childhood, just because you vanished suddenly and we lost contact doesn't mean we aren't friends anymore."

He smiles, "Then tell me what it is?"

"Actually," She hesitates, "Yesterday someone called and..."

"And?"

"Said that Sanskar's Life is in danger and I should consult a different doctor!" she says all in one breath. He just stares at her probably shocked or rather afraid, a drop of sweat trips down from his forehead, a clear sign of fear. "And what did you say?"

"Nothing..." She sighs," The call got cut and from a few days there have been blank calls coming up, whenever someone picked it up no answer from the other side. I think the person who called yesterday might have been the same person giving blank calls," She utters worried and he glances at her.

"So?"

"What so?"

"Now, Which doctor are you consulting? Thought of anyone?"

"I'll give you a tight slap on both your cheeks," She caresses his hand, "I trust you my friend, and such calls keep coming, Its just that..."

"It's just that?"

"Who was that person and why did he say like that? Is Sanskar's life really in danger?" She looks at an unconscious Sanskar worriedly, while Tarun just stares at Ragini. "Don't worry I won't let anything happen to him, It's a doctors promise, and your doc never breaks his promises!"

He winks at her and she giggles, "Except when he was small, Remember when we were in 1Grade, It was mother's day and..."

"And you didn't come to school, I was so much worried, searched for you everywhere and finally you were there..."

"At the Mandir" She smiles blinking her eyes, a smile on her face.

"Crying!" She hits him, "I was so small, and plus I missed my Mom."

"You still cry Ragini even at silly things, You get so much tensed!"

"I have lessened that and plus this flashback was focused on your promise!" She states.

"True, I came there and sat next to you, Promised to you that may come what I would Never ever Leave you!" He emphasizes, "But I had to..." His face expressions change, there's pain in them.

"I don't want to hear something that hurts you Tarun..."

He smiles, " But now I'm Back right?" She nods, "So I would complete my incomplete promise now! Never ever will I leave, Even after your hubby wokes up, which would be soon."