Halloween

(Serena's POV)

It definetly wasn't my idea.

We were going to visit Ash's family on Halloween, since it is some sort of his "Family Reunion". Yet, Clemont and Bonnie are also coming with us, since, well... I haven't confessed to him yet. What if he rejects him? Then my life will... I rather not think about it. It's better to stay put and find out if he likes me back as well. Anyways, we are at... Where are we again? Oh, right. Lavender town. As luck will have it, the plane to Kanto flew late, and Ash does not have any Pokemon that can fly back. Hawlucha can't carry much people, and Noivern... I doubt it knows the way to Pallet Town, anyways. We had planned to walk to Cerulean, then go through , Pewter City and Viridian City from Saffron, but somehow we took the wrong exit and ended up here. Great. This place was like Halloween 24/7, but in the spooky kind.

"Serena? Hello?" "Ashy?" Whoops. Blown my cover. Ashy... I mean Ash has a puzzled look on his face, so did Clemont, but Bonnie seemt to be smiling. That girl... I just feel like that she knows about my crush on Ash. "What Ashy?" Ash asked, "Nothing!" I said, blushing. "You must be hearing things." "Yeah, I guess," Ash shrugged. Whew. That was a close call. "Anyways, do you have an idea where should we stay?" Clemont asked. "I don't know. Maybe that large tower over there?" I suggested. Ash seemt like he wanted to say otherwise, but Clemont agreed. In that case, we went inside the tower.

The door immediately shut behind us. Big mistake. "This place is creepy!" Bonnie shuddered. "Dedenne..." Said the little mouse, and it immediately went back into its pouch. "Yeah..." I muttered. The tower was engraved with graves, and it seemt like a cemetery for... Pokemon. Ash has a grim expression on his face. "This is Lavender Tower. I've been here once. There was a friendly Haunter here, but... I doubt that it would still be here, after all these years..." "And?" I asked, "You're just talking about what's good." "But... This place is the creepiest place ever. It is haunted with dozens of ghosts of dead Pokemon, and ghost Pokemon," I shuddered. "Ghost Pokemon?" "Yeah, ghost Pokemon," He said. He seemt to be scared, but I'm not sure. He's Ash, all right. "I'm not afraid of the Pokemon," he said, like he read my mind, "But we're locked here. So we have to... Stay here for the night." "Stay...Stay here?" I shuddered. "Whatever it is, we must move," Clemont said. "I don't think it is good to stay at the main entrance. Maybe we can find somewhere to sleep for the night."

And so we moved. The first step I took, I almost fell into a hole in the ground. "Serena!" Ash held me back. "You Okay?" He asked. "Yeah, I'm fine," I said, although I'm not. "It's dangerous in here. Hold my hand," Ash reached out, and I grabbed his hand. I felt warmth rush over me, or it's just Ash. We continued walking, and after dodging traps and defeating ghost Pokemon, we reached two rooms. We opened it, and each room has a bed for two inside. I don't know why they're there, but maybe someone lived there before. "Guess we can stay here," Clemont said. "We'll split, with two in a room," he suggested, and we nodded. "I'll go with Serena," Ash said, and Clemont looked at him with a puzzled expression. "Doesn't Serena usually sleep with Bonnie? I don't think Serena would like that, so wouldn't Bonnie." "I'm fine, big brother! We're a family, right?" Bonnie said, looking at me. Right. She knows, all right. "Yeah, I'm fine," I said. "Great!" Clemont said. "So now let's just sleep for the night."

As we went into our rooms, on the bed and was ready to sleep, Ash approached me. "Good night, Serena," he said, and kissed me on the cheek, before he slept.

Is Ash really so dense? I don't know.