Chapter 13

I'm back bitches! Sorry for my long absence. Life has been rough lately and I haven't felt much like writing. But I randomly felt like it tonight so here ya go! I know it isn't much, please don't be angry, I know I suck. Pic of Blade and Whistler up top. One of Deacon below, because...I don't feel I need reason actually. I mean just look...there's all the reason needed.

"Dammit!" I muttered when I stepped in a puddle

The sewer was dark and damp, yet surprisingly rat free. I shook my boot off and looked up just in time to avoid hitting my head on a pipe.

"Name's Whistler." The man turned to look at me. "In case you were wondering."

"Chris." I replied.

He grunted. " Well Chris, what are ya doin' with a bunch of bloodsuckers?"

"Long story." I frowned.

Deacon is going to be so pissed. Or will he? Hell for all I know he wanted to get rid of me. But if that were the case wouldn't he have just killed me? Ugh, this whole situation is so confusing.

Oh god, I'm not developing feelings for him am I?

Fuck my life.

"Ladies first." Whistler said, ripping me from my internal monologue.

We had come to ladder that appeared to be covered in slime.

"Please let that be moss." With a groan I grabbed onto a rung and began climbing.

The manhole led up to an empty alley way. There was a large warehouse on the other side of the street that looked condemmed.

"Um, where are we?" I asked once Whistler had reached the surface.

"Home." He grunted as he limped towards the warehouse.

I hadn't noticed it before but he had some sort of metal splint on his left leg.

"What happened to your leg?" I asked as we approached the building.

He smirked. "Long story."

I rolled my eyes, yet couldn't help but grin. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Deacon wrapped his hand around Quinn's throat, squeezing as he slammed him into the wall.

"What the fuck did you just say?" His voice shook with anger.

Quinn choked. "Blade...took her."

Deacon lifted Quinn off the wall only to slam him into it once more with all his strength. He released him and spun around all while shaking his head.

He ran a hand through his disheveled hair.

"You had one fucking job." He glared at his friend. "One job you dumb fuck!"

Quinn shook his head, eyes wide. "C'mon Deac, the bastard had us outnumbered."

"Outnumbered?" He stopped pacing. "Three of them and eight of us? That's your fucking excuse?"

"Fucking dipshit." Deacon muttered under his breath.

Quinn stepped forward. "I'll get her back boss, I swear."

In the blink of an eye Deacon was in the other man's face. "No I will. You obviously aren't capable of handling your own dick yet alone a simple task."

(and in that moment, Quinn knew he fucked up. Sorry I couldn't resist:)

Pushing Quinn away with disgust, Deacon turned and headed towards the elevator.

"Why is she so important?" Mercury asked with a smug look. She had been inside the elevator when it opened.

Deacon glared at her, his eyes on fire. "None of your fucking concern."

He couldn't tell them why he needed Chris, not yet. Honestly he didn't think it was just about her immunity anymore. Something was happening between them and he wasn't sure how to feel about it.

Everything was so fucked.