Chapter 27 - Best Friend Goals

Start from the beginning

Changing into the dress provided by ex-best friend, for the moment, I checked myself in the mirror.

Something important was missing.

Makeup.

I sighed, not entirely sure of what to do. Like, how is a person supposed to know how much blush to be applied? Or even lipstick for that matter?

Cluelessly, I started eyeing each instrument used to appear attractive.

They didn't look too bad.

With a deep breath, I began applying them slowly and carefully so that none of that goes in my eyes or even nose.

And within the next five minutes, I was done. I felt proud of myself. I mean, can anyone do their entire makeup in just three hundred seconds?

I don't think so.

You may want to ask, how did I look?

Just imperfect.

The lipstick colour was too dark for my skin's complexion and the blush was spread all over my cheeks, almost reaching my forehead. The kohl looked really messy and some of it even went in my eyes, and the foundation didn't even make a difference on my face.

In other words, I looked like I fell out of an ugly tree and hit all the branches on my way down.

I'm not doing this anymore. Me, Jessica Walkers, officially discontinues the procedure of applying substances on her face to look better.

And if this wasn't bad enough, my beautiful and cheap vase was peacefully resting on the floor in the form of tiny pieces because it crashed into a wall.

In other words, my vase was broken due to me smashing it into the wall opposite to me.

What? I was displeased at that moment.

Cass must have heard the crashing sound and came inside to check on me. From the look on her face, I guess that she must've already guessed that this must've happened.

She sighed and then looked at me, clearly not surprised with the outcome of my unhappiness.

"Jessica, I don't really wanna talk right now, but seriously, what the heck?" 

She used my full name. Not 'Jess' or 'Jessie'. And yeah, she calls me 'Jessie' sometimes.

That did not help my mood.

"Sorry." I muttered, looking down.

She then took a better look at my face and noticed the make up. I had washed it slightly earlier, so it wasn't very visible but not completely invisible either.

"What happened to your face?" She said in a tone which clearly meant that she doesn't give a shit about my face but is asking for the sake of it.

Geez, I can totally see the love.

"Makeup happened," I murmured. Why was I muttering and murmuring? I don't know. I just felt too intimidated by her.