Saturday March 6th

vote please! - Blaire

Ali and I woke up and went to get coffee with our group. We came back and ate breakfast. After the film session Tobin and I played soccer tennis. We ate lunch quickly and then loaded the bus. In the locker room we changed and went out for warmups. We changed for walkout and got the starting 11 picture.

We took the field and the whistle blew for France to kick off. France was playing really rough. Alex and I were constantly being fouled and the ref wasn't calling much. Alex got the ball and saw the gap. I ran for it and one of France's defenders side stepped and clipped my ankles. My left ankle turned and I fell. The ref blew the whistle and yellow carded the defender. I was still down and Alex came over.

Alex: Baby Horse breathe, what hurts
Me: my ankle
Alex: the bad one?
Me: yeah
Alex: hold on Beck is on his way.

Beck came over and looked at my ankle.

Beck: alright Baby Horse hop off or stretcher?
Me: hop off.

Announcer: dirty foul by the French defender on 17-year-old Savannah Solo and she is still down. It looks to be her left ankle. Savannah Solo is now being carried off and Morgan Brian to come on for her. The US is now playing a 4-3-3.

The play resumed and the trainers sat me on the bench next to Ashlyn.

Beck: alright Baby Horse we're going to take off your shoe and socks.

Beck untied my shoe and slowly took it off. My hand shot out and found Ashlyn. I squeezed until Beck finished taking them off.

Ashlyn: Baby Horse now that that's over will you take your claws out of my thigh please
Me: oh sorry
Beck: it's swollen along the ligament plus starting to bruise. We're going to ice it for now and see what it looks like after.

Beck wrapped the ice on it and went to talk to Jill. The halftime whistle blew and I got Ashlyn to carry me to the locker room. Beck unwrapped my ice and ruled me out for the rest of the game. I took off my other cleat, sock, and jersey. I put my jacket on and once most of the staff cleared out I changed into sweatpants and put my tennis shoes on. Ashlyn carried me back and we sat on the bench.

The second half started and it was still 0-0. It was frustrating watching from the bench. It was still rough and nearing the 90th minute. When it hit they added two minutes of stoppage time. Moe won the ball in the circle and dribbled out of it. Moe played the ball through for Alex to run onto. The keeper came out and Alex shot it past her.

Announcer: Alex Morgan with the ball and Goal! 1-0 in the 91st minute.

The final whistle blew and we all celebrated. The girls did autographs and interviews. I got Ash to carry me again and we went to the locker room. We loaded the bus and went back to hotel we had dinner and then movie night. I fell asleep in Hope's bed around 11.