"Of course I have" I reassured her quickly, brushing it off as I looked back over at Lula—Lydia.

She was talking to Mark still, and she looked as if he were telling her the most interesting story of his life, which could only mean that she too liked this guy.

That would ruin my plan altogether.

"You don't seem too sure of that" she crossed her arms over her chest and gave me another doubtful look, and I knew I would have to think fast if I wanted to save my ass.

"I'll go talk to her right now" I told her casually, and she stepped to the side to allow me to walk, waiting to catch me in my lie.

She knew me all too well.

I walked past Miley, mentally cursing as I slowly approached Lydia, trying to come off as confident.

When I got to where her and Mark were standing, I smiled and interrupted, "Hey, guys" I cleared my throat.

Both turned to look at me, and I gave a quick glance over my shoulder to see Miley watching my every move, looking a little tense.

Was she jealous?

Was this working?

Feeling something happy swell in my chest at her reaction, my smile became real as I turned back to look at the two.

"Hey. Michael, right?" Mark looked me over a bit as he greeted me and I nodded my head.

"Yeah. And you're Lydia, right?" I turned my attention to her, wanting to make it look like we were engaged in some type of conversation. I knew that Miley couldn't hear us from where she was standing, so I at least have to look the part.

"Yeah. Hi, Michael," she smiled, her smile slightly contagious. She was pretty. She seemed nice. She seemed like someone I could actually like.

If I didn't already have feelings for my bestfriend.

"What are you guys talking about?" I asked casually, trying to not create any awkward tension.

"Oh well uh.." Mark looked over at Lydia, and I frowned a bit, unsure what was going on. She gave him a reassuring nod before he continued, "You can't tell anyone, alright? Especially not Miley"

At the mention of her name, I felt my heart stutter, and I nodded my head, immediatly wanting to know what was so important that I couldn't tell Miley.

"Of course. I promise" I reassured, and Mark shared another look with Lydia before taking a breath.

"I like Miley, man. Like, really like her" the tips of his ears were tinging a pink color as he said it, and Lydia's smile was wide with excitement.

"Yeah," she took over the conversation, "And I'm trying to tell him that he should just talk to her already"

"But what if I say something stupid or wrong and she doesn't like me?" he asked her, trying to hide his neevousness.

"Well then just ask Michael about it. He knows everything about her" she suggested, and they both turned their attention to me. But I was barely even listening.

He liked Miley too.

And she liked him.

And when they find out that they like eachother then... then...

Where will I be?

"Yeah, we're best friends," I told them, confirming what Lydia had said, "But she doesn't like anyone right now though. She says that the guys here are too low for her standard" I lied.