♡ Chapter 12 ♡

Start from the beginning

"Could you please tell me where we're going?" Ariana asked as she reluctantly got on Bryce's bike.

"No, seashell," Brandon told her for the millionth time.

"For all I know, you two are going to lead me to a creepy warehouse where you're going to chop me to pieces and make me into seashell stew!" Ariana exclaimed.

"Seashell stew? I've never heard of that," Damian thought silently.

"Seriously seashell, do you think that these faces would be capable of such crimes?" Brandon asked as he and Damian stood side-by-side and gave her their best innocent faces. They were so hilarious that no matter how hard Ariana tried to hold her laughter in, she burst out into a fit of laughter.

"Okay, okay, fine," she grumbled after she had her dose of laughter. Brandon biked in front of her while she remained behind him and Damian rode his skateboard behind her.

They went to the mystery place in silence. And Ariana was on the edge of her seat in anticipation. After a while, they arrived at a sort-of plaza. No, it was more of a park.

They were in the middle of the road. But there weren't a lot of cars. Ahead of them was a giant space of grass with a big fountain in the middle and benches surrounding it. Everything outside the grass area was pavement. Which was mostly filled with people riding their skateboards, bikes, scooters, etc.

Brandon and Damian grinned wide. They went to the grass part and sat on the rim of the fountain, their bikes and skateboard were sitting under a tree not far from them. Ariana got a handful of water and started dabbing on the back of her neck since it was a very very hot day.

"You guys come here often?" Ariana asked.

"Yeah, we loved to hang out here," Brandon replied with a smile. "I'm gonna go buy some ice cream, what flavors do you guys want?"

"Vanilla,"

"Chocolate," Damian and Ariana replied at the same time. Brandon nodded and went off while Damian and Ariana were left alone in the fountain. After an awkward moment of silence passed, Damian spoke up.

"So..." He started off. Ariana glanced at him.

"You're r-really pushing through with this sing-off thing, aren't you?" He asked.

"Well it's not like I have much of a choice,"

"Yeah, b-but... Do you really wanna do this?"

"To put it frankly, no. But as I've said, I don't have much choice,"

Damian nodded. And then a crooked smile played on his lips. "Don't worry, Blair never could stand a chance against y-you, anyway."

Ariana laughed at how wrong and cheesy that sentence was. She pushed her shoulder against Damian's shoulder as he pushed his against hers, too. Soon, it became a shoulder-shoving war. Ariana shoved Damian a little too hard and he almost fell into the fountain. When he regained his composure, he gave Ariana a playful glare and he began chasing her across the park.

"Oh don't be a sissy!" Ariana screamed at Damian as she ran across the park. In just a matter of seconds, she felt someone's arms wrap around her waist. And she was lifted off from the ground.

"Let me go!" Ariana screamed at Damian to put her down. He did, almost instantly. And Ariana didn't know why she felt just a tiny bit disappointed.

"Gotcha," He said playfully while they walked back to the fountain. Brandon was waiting for them, licking his ice cream. He grinned when he saw them.

"Hey!" He said as he handed them their ice cream. They took it gratefully and were able to finish it in between a lot of corny jokes and sarcastic laughs. The rest of the the day was spent in the park, riding and skating. At one point, Damian even tried to teach Ariana how to ride the skateboard. And she wasn't very bad at it, surprisingly.