Arabesques and Apologies

An arabesque is when a dancer stands on one leg, and lifts the other behind their body. Both legs stay straight during the move(in some cases, the supporting leg will be bent in a plie). Video above.... Enjoy this chapter!

~•~

Dun. Dun. Dun

I felt the loud base of the song pulse within me as the music started. I started to dance, my anger and frustration leaving my body with each dance move. I felt my body and my mind go to a different place, and my body loosened as the tension left my body. The rest of the first week of school had flown by surprisingly well, with the exception for the tension between me and Zayden. It lasted all week, with awkward looks and glares every time we passed by each other. Whenever I passed him in hallways, surrounded by his friends, they would look over at me and laugh. I knew I had overstepped my boundaries, but so had he, so I didn't feel guilty. But still, frustration was in me all week for a reason I didn't quite know. It wouldn't leave my body, no matter how hard I tried to forget about it. I hadn't been able to properly dance all week, though I had taught a couple of lessons. But it was Friday, after school, and I had been here for three hours, ridiculously glad to finally be able to let out my feelings.

Boom. Boom.

I jumped and spun, my moves getting more intense as the song neared it's end. I did a leap and landed crouched, like a cat, as the last note of the song ended. Breathing heavily, I could feel the blood rush through my body. I dropped the rest of the way onto the ground, and laid down. I pushed a sweaty piece of hair that had gotten loose from my braid, and put my forearm over my eyes as I let my breathing get back down to normal. All I could hear was my furious heartbeat and the air in the room seemed so hot. I could feel my chest moving up and down in heavy breaths. For some people it was a bad feeling, but for me, it sometimes felt like it was the only thing that kept me going. It felt like being in another universe, and honestly, sometimes we all needed to feel that.

Dancing was my best time to process through things. I don't know how long I laid there, but once I started thinking I couldn't stop.

I had only known Zayden for a week, and already more drama had happened to me than it had my entire highschool career. People had come up to me, asking if it was true that I was his neighbor, that we were dating, that we hated each other. To which I replied yes, NO, and maybe? I didn't know why he had gotten so mad about me jut saying we weren't friends. It wasn't like we were, and I had just pointed out the obvious. And then when I went to apologize, he didn't care. He had acted standoffish and rude everytime I have talked to him after our initial fight. I mean what was his problem? Why didn't-

Stop obsessing, I chided myself. It won't do you any good.

I sighed. I had been obsessing a bit too much this week, but could you blame me?

I took a deep breath, and my anger went down. I just felt tired, and I decided I would just stay on the ground for awhile. Maybe I could fall asleep? I put my forearm over my eyes again and wiped my other hand on my shirt. I was still wearing what I had worn to school, with the exception of my shorts, and I now slightly regretted that as my clothes were sticking to my body. But I was too tired to go home, so I just laid there.