Piqués and Problems

Hey guys! A piqué is when you step directly onto your toe while the other foot is in the air in some manner. Video above. Enjoy this chapter!

"Whatever, really?" Ansley said in shock. "That was it? Man, he is such a douche! I mean, who even says such melodramatic stuff like that?"

It was the day after my "fight" with Zayden, and we were at my dance studio as we stretched on the barre. Well, I was stretching. Ansley was sitting on the ground, eating chips and ranting about Zayden, since I refused to. I had no idea how that girl was in such good shape.

"Why aren't you more angry, huh?" Ansley said, focusing her attention onto me. "I mean, come on, I don't have to do all the hating, do I?"

"I don't know," I said, sighing as I plopped onto the floor next to her. I straightened my legs and started stretching them. "I was mad at first, sure. But after awhile, my anger just turned into exhaustion."

Ansley sighed dramatically and dropped the rest of the way to the floor so she was laying down. "I feel you about the tired part. I'm always tired."

I rolled my eyes at her, and she winked at me before groaning in frustration. "Why is this floor so hard? All I want to do is sleep, and this floor isn't the right consistentsy for it."

"You're ridiculous," I said.

Ansley was about to reply, but she was interrupted by the chime of the front door bell. Evey twirled in, her skirt flowing around her as she spun. She stopped in front of us, then stumbled as her long line of spinning caught up with her.

"Wow, I can't believe you do that everyday," she said, then giggled as she steadied herself. "I'm so dizzy!"

I playfully rolled my eyes. "It's called spotting. You should try it sometime."

"Sorry sweetie, I had to lock the car," a disgustingly familiar voice sounded as the door opened. In walked Tom, clad in a letterman jacket and a signature smirk. I felt Ansley's hand grip my arm, and I gave her a knowing look before giving Evey a fake smile.

"Oh, you brought Tom," I said reluctantly. "Great..."

Evey either didn't​ notice my tone or didn't care, because she gave a nod and hugged his waist. "I guess I just don't want to leave his side!"

"So you're into dance?" Tom said, and I noticed his eyes slid down slightly too far. "That's cool."

Evey broke away from Tom and started an avid conversation with Ansley. My attention stayed on Tom, and I gave him a glare when he finally noticed.

"Eyes up here, buddy," I whispered loud enough for him to hear. "Remember who you're dating."

He gave me a smirk and looked over at Evey to see if she was listening. When he confirmed she wasn't, he leaned​ down. "Don't worry, I don't kiss and tell."

"That's it!" I whispered ferociously, and jumped up to lunge at him. Before I had the chance to put my hands around his neck, Evey noticed I was diving towards her boyfriend.

"What are you doing?" She asked, and I paused to look at her sweet and innocent face. I couldn't do this to her. I had to play nice.

"There was a bee," I said, mustering up the best smile I could. "Don't worry, I scared him away."

Evey gave a laugh and continued talking to Ansley. I shot daggers at Tom. "One last shot buddy. Then I don't let Evey stop me."

Tom gave a laugh and clapped me on the back. "Aren't you funny," he said, then went over to Evey and helped her up. "I've got to go, sweetie. Say goodbye?"