thirty

the harsh salty smell of the ocean hit her senses before she had actually seen it. harry held her hand while they traveled through the forest over roots and such until they reached a little patch of sand and big boulders that the ocean broke against.

"it's not much, but it's better than home" harry said after a pause.

arabella turned to him with the urge to make him feel all the good things in the world overwhelming.

right now, this is everything. him taking her to this place, sharing something this special with her.

she wants to give him what he has given to her and she doesn't know how to do that. she doesn't have any places like this to bring him to. she doesn't have the interesting family background.

so instead she kisses him firmly on the mouth wanting him to feel how grateful she is for him. for all that he has done for her. how much she wishes his father isn't shitty and how she wishes she can take it all away like he has done for her.

she feels like harry can sense this as his hands come up to cup her cheeks kissing back with the same amount of force. this kiss feels different from all the others they have shared. arabella is chalking it up as a good thing.

they pull back breathless staring at each other, their bodies so close their noses were almost touching.

arabella took the first step taking harry's hand in hers slightly tugging him to the patch of sand where she promptly sat down dragging harry with her. looking out at the ocean the sun in a couple hours ready to set.

the sight took her back to their first date making her smile.

"this is all so lovely harry, i don't know how to thank you enough," arabella said leaning into his side his arm snaking protectively around her waist.

"just by being here enjoying it with me," harry told her reassuringly. arabella let out a sigh.

"i'll make us dinner, that's it!" arabella shouted excitedly standing up as quickly as she had sat down.

harry fumbled around to find his footing after arabella's abrupt action. arabella almost laughed at how cute he looked but decided against it when harry shot her a mock glare.

"i can't even stay mad at you when your acting this cute," he muttered as he grabbed her hand arabella's cheeks ablaze.

they made their way back to the house where they shed their shoes as arabella made her way to the kitchen. she wasn't going to admit that she actually didn't know how to cook a lot, but was sure she could make a mean goulash.

arabella just hoped they had all the ingredients. she first sought out the ground beef finding it in the freezer paired with a bag of chicken nuggets and a big bag of fries. an interesting combination harry had picked up.

arabella grabbed the beef placing it on the counter quirking an eyebrow at harry who watched her from where he was leaning with his back against the sink.

"what were you planning to do with the beef?" arabella inquired.

harry shrugged," i was thinking of burgers, but know that i think of it i don't even know if we have a grill that's not rusted out."

arabella laughed as she began opening cupboards to find a pan to cook the meat. being sucessful she set it to cook on the old gas stove as she rummaged through the cupboards finding an old box of macaroni noodles.

they seemed questionable on how good they were but she was determined. throwing them in the pot of boiling water she had set out she realized she didn't see any sauce.

"fudge!" she yelled running her hands through her hair.

"what?" harry asked from where he was observing her the whole time loving the sight of her having her mind set on something.

"we don't have any sauce," she sighed defeatedly shuffling over to harry.

harry wrapped her arms around her pressing his lips to her head, "i can go to town to get some. i'll be gone fifteen minutes max."

arabella mushed herself deeper into his chest feeling guilty," i just wanted to make you a nice dinner."

"you are, all you need is a little sauce which i can go get. it's not a big deal" harry reassured her pulling himself away.

"i'll be back real quick, don't answer the door and don't burn the house down" harry instructed as if she was five.

arabella stuck her tongue out at him,"were in the middle of nowhere i don't think anyone will come knocking. well i hope not," arabella trailed off suddenly thinking of scary movies when a house in the woods is attacked by axe murders and pycho paths.

"are you trying to say i'm a bad cook?" arabella refocused.

harry just gave her a teasing smile, kissing her on the forehead.

"i'll be back," he called over his shoulder as he practically jogged to the door.

without harry by her side arabella felt slightly lonely as the house was pretty much silent aside from the sizzling sound of the meat cooking and the bubbling.

arabella ventured out of the small kitchen to find a radio or something but as she entered the dining room arabella took notice of the pictures on the walls. in them she got a glimpse of the life harry had when he was younger.

pictures of him standing next to his father who had a smile painted on his face and beside a beautiful women who looked tired but happy which arabella presumed to be his mom.

her eyes kept scanning the walls until one of the pictures stopped her dead in her tracks. she paused studying it, not believing her eyes.

it was a picture of two children sitting side by side, one definitely harry with unruly curls at the ripe age of maybe five or six. the child next to him was a little girl that arabella knew from her own photos when she was little that it was her.