fifteen

"harry? let's talk about this. i- "  arabella threw her phone at the wall at how desperate she sounded.

 she sunk to the floor crying until she fell asleep.

she woke up to her phone ringing, she rubbed her sore eyes and slowly crawled to her phone. she figured it was just a telemarketer, but when she reached it she was surprised when the caller i.d said harry.

she wondered if she was just seeing things, but pressed accept anyways  bringing it to her ear. all she could hear for a few moments was harry's breathing until he said "ara"

"harry" arabella breathed.

"how are you?" he asked.

"i'm f.ucking terrible, how are you?"  she laughed can't believing he just asked her that question. 

"is there anything i can do?"  he asked sounding a little desperate.

"i think you've done enough." arabella snarled hanging up. 

she stayed laying on her floor for what seemed like hours but was only  actually and hour. she realized harry must have heard the voicemail  willing to talk like she asked.  instead of accepting the anger and  hurt inside her shut him down.

she sent him a text telling him to be at her front door in ten. arabella collected herself off the floor, with wobbly legs she walked to the bathroom where she rinsed her face not bothering with the rat's nest of hair.

she hated how harry's doing could make her feel like this. to the point where she didn't even want to brush her hair. after telling herself to get it together on more sturdy legs she went downstairs.

she took deep breaths as she watched the door from the bottom of the stairs. she needed to keep her emotions in check and not let them get the best of her.

knocking on the door brought her back to the reality of what was about to happen. walking slowly to the front door with shaking hands she opened it.

harry looked about as good as her. hair a mess held back with a head scarf, dark circles under his eyes just like she saw three days from now.  dressed in sweats like she was and a cutoff. he shifted foot from foot as she looked him over nervously.

arabella coughed realizing how rude she was being, and how she didn't care after the destruction to her he caused.

but something inside her made her step inside so harry come in. she sat harry at a stool  at the breakfast bar taking her place across from him leaning on the counter.

" are you going to explain to me why you shut the door in my face the other day?" arabella asked with malice. 

so much for keeping her emotions in check. 

harry's eyes looked into hers with sorrow, his posture deflating.

"i'm sorry" harry let her know, his body language telling her he was telling her the truth. still she wanted him to know that sorry doesn't fix everything. didn't fix the hurt welling up inside her.

"heard that before" arabella retorted turning away from him.

she was not going to cry she told herself as she opened the fridge looking for nothing. but at the same time something to not focus on what was happening.

"you didn't even give me a chance to understand " she said to him with gritted teeth taking an orange. she  spun around hurling the orange at his chest hitting with a thud before rolling on the floor. 

"i was trying to keep you safe!" he protested ignoring the fact she just threw an orange at him.

"safe from what?" she shouted irritated. 

"from me ! " he exploded standing up. 

this shut arabella right up, she had only seen him this mad when he stood up for her. 

"look what it has done to us so far!" he continued gesturing between them eyes wild. 

"only because you let it! you pushed me away harry, i thought things between us changed! now look." arabella yelled  not knowing if she'll be able to not cry at this point.

harry buried his face in his hands arabella walked over to him rubbing her hands up and down his arms trying to calm him. the skin soft under her touch.

"let me in" she whispered repeatedly, because even after everything that had happened maybe something good could come out of it.

harry removed his hands from his face," i am going to try so hard to not be such an a.sshole" he promised.

"be something you deserve" his hand coming up to touch her face.

arabella turned away his hand falling. she couldn't shake all the pain he had caused. all the nights she wanted to disappear, because he led her to believe she was less than she actually was. 

"we are going to do this  the right way" she stated stepping away " and you're gonna give me a chance to understand, but right now i need time."

{okey.... thanks for being interactive readers ;) thoughts on this chapter? idk how i feel about it? }

"