twenty five

on the drive home from dropping her mother off at the airport she blared happy music to match her mood.  she wouldn't even let the silence between her and her mother in the car get her down. 

still she couldn't wrap her head around why her mother was upset with her, it had to go deeper than a locked door.

bobbing the head to the music she turned onto her street, approaching her house she could see harry's figure sitting on her front stoop with flowers. clambering out of the car she met harry at the stoop with a big smile on her face.

he stood up wrapping her up in a hug careful not squish the flowers. 

"mmm, i missed you." harry murmured in her hair. 

" i missed you too. waking up in bed by myself is not something i like," arabella told him mushing herself more into him.

she wasn't about to tell him that she already have forgiven him with the note.

"i think your mom wouldn't like coming in to see me in bed with you," harry retorted pulling back. the flowers in his hand were pushed into arabella's which she planted her nose right in to inhale their scent.

"so i thought i would get you flowers to make up for it," he murmured. 

"flowers," she said dazedly "flowers are nice." 

"you are nice," harry threw the cheese ball line at her. 

arabella rolled her eyes at the line grabbing his hand that fits  greatly in hers, inside her house. once harry kicked the door shut he took her by surprise by swiftly throwing her over his shoulder. 

she didn't understand how he did it so smoothly or why he did it in the first place, but she could not keep the giggles from spilling out of her mouth.

"put me down!" she demanded lightly as he went up the stairs.

"why? i got a great view," harry argued which prompted arabella to reach behind and hit him in the head with her flowers. hard enough that a few petals fell out, harry yelped.

"geesh woman!" he shouted kicking her open her bedroom door. arabella glad at the sight of her floor, the blood was seriously rushing out of her head at a fast pace. she was relieved when he flipped her over so her back landed on the bed.

"you're face is red like a tomato," harry frowned as he looked at her face.

arabella sighed as she stretched out," i like strawberries more" she grinned.

harry fell on it beside her, arabella leaned up long enough to rest her head on his hard stomach. she rearranged her legs a comfortable sigh escaping her lips. harry's fingers weaved through her hair, beginning to massage her scalp.

something he knew she adored, and why she adored him because he remembered.

"harry, can you do me a favor?" arabella asked a slight catch in her voice.

"what?" 

"don't hurt me," she almost whimpered over come with emotion.

the lighthearted mood from the couple minutes before diminished. the reality of it was is arabella didn't know how much more potential hurt she could handle at this point. 

she felt horrible she ruined this nice moment that they had now tainted with her fear. she saw what it did though to her parents, how it destroyed them both.

arabella saw what love or whatever they were doing to all the tragic endings in books or in movies. she didn't want that to happen to them. she felt the hurt he did to her before, she couldn't go back to that now.

"ara, where is this coming from?" his fingers stopping his voice full of concern.

arabella drew a deep breath," are you still planning to be here after school? before you said you just wanted to get out, but what about me?" her voice quivering.

"everything is different now, i love you." harry said siting up so her head hit the mattress his face appearing over her, his gaze piercing her still frame.

"love doesn't mean s.hit," arabella spit. love gives you the excuse to destroy people and leave them with that as an excuse.

"love means everything!" he raised his voice, exasperated.

arabella didn't say anything her heart breaking at the wrenching look of hurt on his face. 

"i love you," his voice broke himself, "doesn't that mean anything?" 

he stared at her a sob erupting from her. all she has known is the hurt love has caused, but she's seeing it right in front of her how much hurt it causes to love and not to be loved in return.

and how is that deemed as right? 

she has known she has loved him for a while now, and she has been afraid to admit it.

"i-i love you too," arabella whispered. 

{intense huh? thoughts on the chapter?}