7

After a few minutes of swimming, they reached a place with a mixture of darkness and loveliness that really described her. They were in a small cave behind the waterfall. There were flowers all around them growing along the walls of the cave and the door to it was the waterfall itself. The place was quiet and there was no one around to interrupt them. And again, they had a lovely meaningful conversation but it didn't have a great ending as the news that he told her didn't please her.

He told her that his ship was ready to sail back into the ocean and that there was nothing that he could do to change it. And that wasn't exactly the perfect way to end a day. The news only brought sadness and not the opposite. Tears were filling her eyes. She wipes them softly feeling weirded out by it, as this too, was a something new to her. Sadness. She has never felt this way before. Somehow, she was having so many feelings that made her seem more like a human than her true mermaid-self.

She ignored that thought and went back home feeling the opposite feeling she had felt yesterday. She couldn't help but to regret that they didn't meet earlier. That way, they would have probably learnt more about each other. But then she realized that there was nothing she could do to change the past. All she could do now is just to appreciate the time she had left with him for the next two days.

Now here she is, feeling foolish as ever while she looks at him from a distance while he loads his ship. She gave herself a sympathetic smile as she knew that this chapter of her life has ended and there is nothing that she could do to change it.

The next few months of her life was the same old boring as it was when he first left her but it all ended when she laid her eyes on the ship that she recognized so much. She was just swimming around when she saw it staying still on the top of the ocean. She couldn't believe her eyes at first, but she was definitely sure that the ship that was in front of her was the same ship that she saw a few months ago.