5

He approached her slowly with his bare feet slightly buried in the soft sand beneath him. He lifted his arms as a way to indicate that he meant no harm. He then asks her if she needed any help. She opened her mouth to form a polite refusal but the words seemed to have stuck in her throat. He gently puts his hands onto the end of her tail to free her and while still holding and eye contact with her, the end of his lips quirked up, smiling at her softly. She kept her head down but her eyes up with a very scared and confused look across her face. She politely thanked him. There was a wave of awkwardness around them but he shook it off by asking her a simple question.

And the question was answered with another question. And a conversation was started. Without realizing it, they were both bonding and creating something new. Something that has never happened before. – A something new between the humans and the mermaids.

She couldn't help but to feel flattered and have this special funny feeling within her while her heart would be beating so fast and her face turning scarlet now and then whenever he asks something about her. And the conversation grew and before they knew it, the sky was turning dark. It was time for both of them to go and leave. He tucked the strand of hair in front of her face behind her ears and looked at the soft scales around her eyes. His eyes then moved to her eyes and he stared at them deeply. There was definitely something but neither of them bothered to even say anything. Before leaving, he asked to meet her again tomorrow at the same time and at the same place. She gave him a small shy smile and nodded softly. She then turns her body around and dives in the ocean back to her home.