//thirty-one//

(Brogan)
Eve and I sat in the car in Mike's driveway. "You ready?" She asked, I nodded and got out, I had Nic's hoodie on and grabbed my purse. We walked inside and saw Mike. He ran over to us and hugged me. I hugged back and Mike let out a shaky breath. I felt bad for him, he pulled away and then hugged her. I looked at him and she looked instantly relaxed and I smiled. He pulled away and looked at me. "I missed you. I'm sorry for not being a better parent." He said, I shook my head. "It's alright." I said and hugged him again. He hugged back and kissed the crown of my head, I smiled and walked over to the couch and sat down. I looked over at Mike and Eve, they walked over and sat down. "How are you?" I asked, Mike shrugged and looked down. "Um, I'm okay, I guess. Still tore up about Sophie." He said, I glanced at Eve, she leaned on Mike. "She wasn't worth your time." I said, Tia nodded. "I miss you!" Eve blurted out. My eyes widen and so did Mike's, a blush rose up on Eve's cheeks. I smiled softly and looked at Mike. He look tore up with out her, I felt bad for him.

(Mike)
My eyes widen when Eve said that. I looked over at her in shock. She misses me? I thought she was mad at me, I thought that was why she left me. "A-Are you serious?" I asked, moving a bit so I can look at her better. Her curls fell in her face, I moved them and looked at her. "Yes, Mike." She said, I glanced cover at Brogan, she smiled and looked at her phone. I looked back at Eve, I never thought that she would like me ever again. "Will you go out with me again?" She asked, I nodded and pulled her close. "Aww!" I heard Brogan say, Eve and I looked over at her and smiled. Eve put my head on my shoulder, I relaxed a bit and rubbed her arm. "Brogan has a new boyfriend." She said, I tensed up and looked at Brogan. Her eyes widen and looked at me, I should've been more protective with her when she was dating Tony. But I wasn't, I thought Tony would've known better. "What's his name?" I asked, she looked hesitant. "Nic." "Nic..?" I asked, she scratched the back of her neck. "Nic Morris." She said, I nodded. "How old is he?" "Um, 17." She said, I shook my head. "He's too old for you." I said, she shook her head. "No, he's not. He's two years older. Dad, I'm 15, not 10." She said, I shrugged. "Mike, babe. Let her be." Eve said, I shook my head. "When's his birthday?" "July 24th." She said, I nodded. "Fine." "I don't see why you're so worried about his age, Mike. You let her date Tony." "Yeah, I know. Which was a mistake." I said, trying not to get mad.

We sat in silence for about 15 minutes. "I'm gonna go smoke." Brogan said and got up, I nodded and she went outside. "I love you." I said, looking at Eve, she smiled. "I love you more, I'm sorry I broke up with you." She said, I shrugged. "Whatever happened to you and Taylor?" I asked, playing with Eve's hair. "I broke up with her, she was too controlling." She said, I looked at her. "Really?" I asked, she nodded. "Yeah, she would always yell at me if I didn't do anything she asked. She was nice and shit for the first few weeks. But then something happened, I don't know what. She attacked me one night," she said. "I was laying down and she busted in and pulled me up by my shirt and punched me in the mouth. She just went at me like I was a rag doll. I kept screaming until Jaime came in and pulled her off of me." She said, tears threating to spill any moment. I frowned. "Was she drunk?" I asked, she shrugged. "Maybe, or she might've took something." Eve said and looked at me. "How bad did she hit you?" I asked, she looked down. "She almost broke my nose, she busted my lip open." She explained, a thought popped into my head. "Oh wow." I said, she nodded. "Take a nap, baby. Brogan and I are going to go to the store." I said, which wasn't a total lie.

"Alright." Eve said, I got up and gave her a pillow and a blanket. I kissed her head and walked outside. "Brogan, get in the car." I said, she looked at me. "Why?" She asked, I looked at her and she sighed and got in. I got in and started the car and drove towards Taylor's house. "Dad, where are we going?" She asked me again. "Taylor's." "Why?" I huffed. "You ask why too much." I chuckled, she hit my arm. "You're going to kick her fucking ass." I said, and drove down a vacant road. "If you're going to ask why, this is why, she attacked Eve and since I can't beat this bitch, you are." I said, she looked at me. "The fuck?! This bitch." She said, I nodded. We arrived and I looked at Brogan. "I'm pretty sure she still lives here." I said and got out, Brogan did too and took off her jacket. "How did you know where she lives?" "Jaime took me and Eve here when before she left me." I explained. She nodded and walked up to the door, I watched her and she hesitantly knocked and we waited. She knocked again and the door swung opened and revealed Taylor.

"Brogan!" She said happily, Brogan rolled her eyes and punched her. Taylor fell back and looked at her with hatred. She stood up and swung at Brogan, I watched as Brogan grabbed her arm and bent it back and I heard a snap, I cringed as she yelled and Brogan kicked her leg and swatted down and said; "If you ever fuck with my family again, I swear, you'll have another thing coming for you."

//

word count; 1046