chapter 1

it was a sunday morning for a 18 year old emily. she was cleaning dishes at a cafe, and she was exhausted. she had 20 minutes left until her shift was over for the day.

"emily I need you to take table 2's order! we're running out of hands!" her manager instructs. emily sighs as she tears away the gloves from her hands, grabbing a notepad and pen, and proceeded to table #2.

"welcome to dennies cafe what can I get you?" emily asks looking down at her notepad getting ready to take the order.

"a regular coffee with cream and extra sugar," a light deep voice spoke. emily wrote down the order quickly.

"your coffee will be here shortly sir," emily said walking to the back to make the regular coffee for the customer.

"hey! did you see the cute guy?" a worker named 'diya,' asked emily walking past her to make a hot tea for someone.

"no, who?"

"table 2."

"no but I will soon," emily said pouring the coffee into a coffee mug. she began to walk back to table two with her head held up to check out the guy at table two.

when she arrived she was taken back a second. he wasn't cute to emily he was a pack of diamond rocks.

she hadn't realized she had been staring for too long. she even forgot about the coffee in her hands.

the guy coughed which shot emily out of her daze. she chuckled as she placed the coffee down on the table.

"anything else I can get you?" she asked the guy whose name she was dying to hear.

"your number," he said smirking and she smiled lightly as she tried to hold back a laugh.

she wrote her number down on a sheet of paper from her notepad and slid it on the table. she smiled before she walked away getting out of her apron for the day.

she swiped her card indicating that she clocked out for the day and began to make her way out of the cafe.

"hey wait up!" she heard a voice. she began walking slower as she new he was trying to catch up to her.

"I didn't get your name," he said once he approached her.

"emily, and you?"

"cameron."

she smiled as she stood awkwardly not knowing what else to say to the fine looking boy in front of her.

"what are you doing wednesday?" he asked her intrigued by the beautiful girl in front of him. he wanted to know more about her.

"I have work until 6," she told him.

he nodded his head thinking. "come to a party with me? it's a beach party with a bunch of people."

"are you asking me out?" she asked him chuckling.

"only if you say yes?"

"pick me up at seven?" she asked him as she began to walk away from him slowly.

"what's your address?!" he yelled as he asked her because she was beginning to walk away from him.

"you have my number! use it!" she yelled at him as a bus approached the bus stop and she got on, leaving cameron wondering what her personality was really like.

when emily arrived home to a note on the refrigerator saying her parents are out on a date she began making herself spaghetti.

she turned on the tv looking for something to watch on Netflix as she devoured the spaghetti she made herself.

it was until 30 minutes later that her phone buzzed interrupting her date with herself.

267 - 792 - 3625| wassup!?

who is this?

267 - 792 - 3626| cameron, please don't tell me I've got the wrong number? :(

no you have the right number. what's up?

she switched the contact to his name and continued texting him.

cameron| call me and you'll find out.

emily didn't know why, but she felt as if
her heart was beating a thousand miles per second as she clicked on the phone icon to call him.

it took 3 rings until he picked up and she didn't know what to say when he did.

"hey."

"hey." she replied back trying to keep herself from smiling like an idiot.

"so about wednesday, what should I wear?" she asked him. she didn't know what type of party it was going to be.

"swimming attire," he replied back and she nodded her head as she walked upstairs in her room and looked through her closet for something.

"so... how are you doing?" he asked her.

and they talked for almost 3 hours before she fell asleep on the phone.

it was 11:58 pm when her parents came home making a bunch of noise which woke emily up from her sleep.

emily groaned as she made her way downstairs to see what the noise was. she couldn't wait until she moved out on her own, she wanted to move out three days after she turned 18 but she had no money, and her parents refused to help.

"emily, did we wake you?" her mother asked as she made her way into the living room.

emily stood at the end of the staircase as she nodded her head.

"how was your date?" she asked her mother as her father emerged from the kitchen smiling when he saw his daughter.

"emily you're awake," he said giving his daughter a light peck on her forehead before he walked upstairs.

"it was really well thank you. sometimes this week I would love to take you and someone in interest that you have out to dinner with me and your father. you do have someone in interest right?" her mother asked and emily lied nodding her head.

she thought cameron was a pack of diamond rocks but didn't want to ask him. not until they got to know each other better.

"it's monday emily, I'm exhausted. ill see you in the morning before I head to work," her mother said giving her daughter a kiss on the cheek before she walked upstairs.

I'm winging these chapters haha.

please vote and comment for an update friday.