Ch 2: Too Close For Comfort

Y/N POV

I walked out of the girls locker room with a quickened pace, trying my best to get out of that hell hole as soon as freaking possible.

I'd seen some bad things in my life, but that was scary.

So

Many

Girls

Fighting.

It sent shivers down my spine just thinking about it.

So I'll try my best not too.

I continued down the hallway towards the metal doors that read "Gym entrance." I walked to it and pushed it open with all my strength, and it swung open with ease. I stepped inside and it revealed a glorious 200 ft x 200 ft gymnasium. I giant American Flag covered the right wall the entire way. The tile of the floor squeaked under my nike gym shoes. As I walk towards the line of girls on the other side of the room, I put my hair a tight ponytail. Suddenly, Travis walked out of the locker room on the other side of the room, smiled in my direction, and waved for me to go to him. I obeyed and jogged towards him.

It's so weird having him be nice to me..

I made my way towards him, a fake, but believable, smile plastered across my face.
"Hey, glad to see you made it out alive." He said with a small chuckle. I mentally rolled my eyes and faked a laugh.
"Heh, yeh, it was pretty crazy in there..." I said, extending the pretty, so he knew it was more than just pretty. He smiled and changed the subject.
"So, there are a few girls in this gym class that I think you'll really like: Aph and Katelyn. One's short with black hair and hazel eyes, the other is tall with blue hair and blue eyes. They're talking to each other over there." He said, pointing towards two girls talking to each other in the far end of a line full of girls.
"Hey, I recognize them. They're in my first class and the short one is a few lockers away from me."
"They're really sweet girls, just stick with them." He informed me. "Just don't expect to be either of their partners in gym; they do everything together. I don't think they go to the bathroom at separate times either..." He added with a dark look in his face. I rolled my eyes at his dramatics and walked in the two girls direction. When he tried calling me back, I waved bye without looking behind me. I reached the chattery girls and stood there for a moment. The one with Raven black hair noticed me first.
"Hey, are you new here?"
"Was it that obvious?"
"No, I can just tell when someone's new or not. I notice people. But you could ask anyone and they'll say you've always been here." She giggled at her snarky comment, and the other girl laughed along.
"Nice to meet ya newbie. I'm Katelyn." She said, jabbing her thumb towards herself. "This little bubble of energy is Aphmau, but people call her Aph."
"Yeah, Travis told me who you guys were. You guys friends with him?"
"Yeah, we're all close." Aph said cheerily.
"Most of us. Did he say anything about me??" Katelyn asked, anger edging her voice. I shook my head.
"No, all he said was that you guys were cool and I should hang out with you guys." Katelyn's angry tone disappeared with a breath of relief.
"Good. I have the sneaky suspicion he likes me." She exclaimed, rolling her eyes. "AND ITS NOT HAPPENING TRAVIS!" She screamed in his direction. I turned around just in time to see Travis's soul leave his body in fear. He then hid behind a guy with blue hair--the same one that was flirting with two girls in class, most likely-- and started shaking. I laughed at him internally and turned back towards Aph and Katelyn.
"Yeah, you can totally hang out with us. Just take a seat while we wait for Coach K and Coach Kutzler to get out here." I took a seat and questioned her. "There are two gym teachers?"
"Yeah, Kutzler and Krey. We call them the Twin K's. Just a heads up, they are brutal. You don't want to ever get on their bad sides. Ever." She gave me a look of pure fear and Aph began shaking, but after a moment, they burst into laughter and toppled over. I stared at the sight, unsure of I should get help or let them continue. Out of no where, two giant double doors in the middle of the room sound open, revealing Mr. Kutzler and another man, a little cubby, but very tall and strong. Intimidating. Everyone in their respected lines stood up immediately at the sound of them entering, so I followed along.
"Alright low-lifes. Today we will be going easy on you, since there is a new girl in class today." The man I'm assuming is Coach Krey said. People in the classn started cheering and clapping like crazy at the news. I saw Travis get down on his knees and praise God. Katelyn patted me on the back with a smirk on her face. "Nice going newbie, you got us out of a painful day of gym. You just scored extra points on my list." She said with enthusiasm. I chuckled nervously, realizing my classmates will probably expect this of me more often after today.