Chapter 3

Hope you like this chapter!

~~~~~

"T'sup Gaia?" Willow winked while shoving her tiny backpack into the corner of their locker. Gaia laughed lightly, happy that her own backpack was already in the locker. It had been there overnight since she'd had no homework.

"What class do you have first Willow?" Gaia asked. Willow had told her before, but Gaia never seemed to remember, she blamed needing to memorize Occult history.

Willow tilted her head back slightly and gave a light laugh. "Are you for real Gaia! I tell you every day," She spoke much to Gaia's chagrin.

"I have English! And you have PE, and then English," Willow grinned, mercilessly showcasing that she knew Gaia's schedule.

To her credit, Gaia blushed slightly and laughed. She wondered why Willow seemed to be excited for English, since it was one of her worst subjects.

Before Gaia could ponder that any more, Willow spoke suddenly about getting to class and hurried off.

"Huh, that was weird," Gaia whispered to herself, blowing a dark curl out of her eyes. Gaia reached an arm into her locker for her notebook, when she accidentally scratched the back wall of the locker. Instead of feeling a smooth surface, Gaia felt a place where the locker seemed uneven. Muttering about what Willow had done to break their locker, Gaia took all the things out of the locker to assess the damage.

When her and Willow's belongings where piled on the floor infront of the locker bellow theirs, much to the annoyance of the boy who owned that locker, Gaia reached a long hand into the locker and felt the surface again. It scratched unevenly against her silver nails.

Since it was in the far part of the school, around a corner, the area where Gaia's locker was, was mostly deserted, except for the boy who owned the bottom locker who shot Gaia a dirty look before walking away. The only room in that corner of the hall was an abandoned girl's bathroom that had been closed down due to graffiti.

Gaia was annoyed, if Willow had broken the locker, they'd both have to pay for it. She started muttering about a certain girl when she realized the uneven bit was a perfect rectangle at the bottom of the far locker wall.

Gaia gingerly reached both her arms in. She gently knocked on the rectangle, to see the extent of the damage, when the piece over the uneven area slipped. It was a secret hole in the back of the locker! Gaia's dark eyes widened in surprise. Why would there be a secret compartment in a locker?

She removed the entire piece of locker that was covering the hole. Inside was an area that wasn't large, and only had one thing. The only thing in the locker was a large vial of a thick red substance.

Gaia gently gripped the neck of the vial and pulled it out to get a better look at it.

She stepped back from the locker, with the vial in her hand. Peering closely at the liquid, Gaia could see that it was thicker than she'd originally thought.

"Holy sh- it's blood!" Gaia gasped. What was blood doing in her locker!

A loud noise startled Gaia, making her snap her head up like a deer caught in headlights.

Standing before her, about 8 feet away, was Willow. Willow looked different than usual, almost feral.

Willow took a step forwards, almost in slow motion, and then she was right infront of Gaia in a heartbeat.

"What are you doing?" Willow exclaimed, her normally blue eyes a darker shade.

Gaia suddenly realized what Willow must be! A vampire! How had she never noticed! She'd been friends with Willow since they'd been on the same team in hockey when they were five.

Willow looked dangerously at Gaia, and grabbed her arm roughly, making Gaia gasp in shock.

Willow practically dragged Gaia to the empty deserted bathroom, and opened the locked door with a shove of her right arm.

Willow gave Gaia a shove so that Gaia was opposite her in the room, while she closed the door behind them.

"Forget what you saw," Willow snarled, almost as if she couldn't remember who was standing infront of her.
"Willow! Fu- My gosh we're friends what're you going?" Gaia gasped, at loss for words.

"I'm so sorry that I've involved you in this Gaia," Willow softened.
"I'm going to have to tell you something that you can never tell anyone about! You see.... the thing is, I'm a Vampire," Willow hesitantly spoke, as if afraid Gaia might faint. Willow's gentle serene blue-green eyes fluttered, almost afraid, like she was afraid of loosing Gaia.

Willow reached her hands up to her eyes and took out something, which must have been contacts. She rolled her eyes back down. Intense purple met Gaia's own dark eyes.

"Well say something for damned sake!!" Willow exclaimed, looking feeble now that she'd spilled her secret. Her messy dark brown hair was spilled around her, giving her face an innocent and childish air.

Gaia nodded and drew out her dark arm. A glimmer of purple air, matching Willow's eyes flew out of it, as if a cloud.

Willow's eyes widened. "You're a witch," she said in elation. Willow's whole appearance seemed to soften. She smiled and casually leaned back against the graying sink. Willow blew a puff of her ebony hair out of her face.

"I'd been planning on telling you for awhile. It's hard to keep this secret from you," Willow sighed, her small pink stained lips coming together in a half frown. Her upper lip almost touched the ring around her right nostril.

Gaia nodded, her bouncy curls following the sudden movement of their attaché.
"Willow, did you hear about Laila Larue?" Gaia started. She wanted to hear another member of the Occult worlds' reaction.

"Yeah I heard. Apparently she was a vampire. She's the second dead student from our school. There is a rumour that a supernatural being is on a killing spree," Willow whispered. Gaia felt shocked, she hadn't heard that yet, even though her mom was a member of the VPD, and her dad worked at the court of the King and Queen of the Occult world.

"How do you know all this?" Gaia asked, genuinely puzzled. She took a seat on the counter space near the broken sink.

"I hear things, Vamp hearing," Willow grinned, pointing cheekily at her ears. " Although that's not even the best part! Apparently the king and queen of the Occult world are concerned that someone has gone rogue. They're thinking about stationing the heir to the thrown here to check it out," Willow smirked.

Gaia knew why she was smirking, Aries Moon was the heir to the thrown, the oldest of the three prince and princesses of the king and queen. And apparently Prince Aries Moon was very good looking.

Gaia nodded, somewhat sidetracked. She'd seen the prince before, only briefly, when she was 12 and had been going with her father to his work.

The bell cut through the silence in the desolate bathroom like a knife going through air. Willow grabbed her pack and ran out of the bathroom, leaving Gaia in there by herself.

Gaia wandered away from the bathroom, towards her first class. She felt like she'd never be able to concentrate for the rest of the day, since all the information that has just been piled on her seemed to be crushing her lungs.

***

The end to another chapter, my theoretical fans! Hope you enjoyed it! Constructive criticism is always welcome!