Chapter 1

This chapter is under editing. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, but many people have expressed their distaste for the second part of this chapter, therefor I am rewriting it. The part missing is where we meet Gaia and her sisters.

Meanwhile, in Stanley Park.

A tall native woman stood next to a dark haired man. They were around the dead body of a young boy, probably around 17 years old. "Work of a member of the Occult world," the woman whispered to her colleague.
"I know.  This kid's a Siren," he returned quietly.
"Spell confirmed?" The woman asked.
"Yes Athalie. Of course! We might not all be prized members of the VPD, but I do my homework," the man said as he slipped a wand into his boot.
Athalie nodded, grinning about the prized VPD member comment. She quickly shot her colleague a look that said shut up as two other officers approached them. The two other officers were not members of the Occult world as far as Athalie knew.
"Agent Silverwood, Agent Vasquez!" One of the fast approaching officers exclaimed at seeing Athalie and her partner.

The two other officers soon took control of the scene, allowing Athalie and Agent Vasquez to head back to their all black car and discuss what had just happened.

Agent Vasquez's face looked troubled.
"Spit it out Thomas!" Athalie hissed when they were alone.
"I did a background check on that kid. He attends WestBrook Secondary School," He said solemnly.
Athalie cursed, for it was the high school that four of her daughter's attended. Although she was only in her early thirties, she had five children, all adopted. She hadn't wanted to mix her witch blood with her husband's warlock blood, for fear of a supercharged child. For you see, the supernatural exists. Witches, Warlocks, Werewolves, they're all true, and Athalie Silverwood just so happened to be a witch. Thomas Vasquez, her partner, happened to be a warlock, just like Athalie's husband. Their job was to pretend to be mortal police officers, and cover up any crimes done by a member of their world. The Occult world. They also had the job of disguising supernaturals so that the mortal police wouldn't be able to discover the existence of the other world.

Athalie herself lived in a regular mortal apartment building with her family. Her husband, Harrison Silverwood, and their four daughters; Victoria, Annie, Gaia, Serena, and Ruby all lived normally, in general appearances, but behind the cover, was magic. The whole family could do magic. And her family could hide it well.

Agent Thomas Vasquez on the other hand, was a warlock, and a single father. He had one child, a little son named Tristain, who was only three years old.

"You know Athalie, Georgia Antoi just phoned earlier. They found a teenaged vampire killed near the water, only a few blocks from here," Thomas Vasquez sighed.

"Related?" Athalie asked sharply, her dark eyes darting around them to make sure there were no eavesdroppers.

"It seems so, and the girl goes to the same school. Sorry, went," he sighed defeatedly.

"My god, what is going on......"

~~~~~~~

  Warm yellow rays entered a standard sized bedroom through the large and opened window. A groan erupted from the bed under the window, as Gaia Silverwood slowly sat up. Gaia scrunched her nose and drew the blinds shut, but not before she felt completely awake.

Gaia looked over her shoulder, at the clock which stood on her bedside table. Another groan, this time with elevated levels of annoyance, came from Gaia, as she saw that she was awake one hour earlier than she usually would have been.

Gaia slowly dragged her legs out of the bed, and jumped down onto the cold morning floor. She slipped her two feet into her pink slippers which where astray from one another, because she'd kicked them off the night previous.

While opening her bedroom door, a large furry face poked through Gaia's partially open door. "Morris! Who's a good boy," Gaia laughed, her grin spreading across her face, as the family's dog tried to fit himself through a space he couldn't.

Gaia walked out into the hallway, Morris trailing closely behind her. Gaia shut her door, because however much she loved Morris, she didn't want him to mess up her room.

As the door closed, the sign reading "Gaia" fell off the door. Gaia bent down to pick it up, when she noticed that Morris was walking into the room at the end of the hall.

Completely forgetting about the fallen sign, Gaia called out to Morris; "Morris, you can't go into mum's office!"

Gaia jogged the few steps it took to get to her mother's office. She spotted immediately Morris's russet head poking around in her mum's garbage bin. As Gaia gently guided Morris away by his collar, she noticed there was a half-eaten apple in the bin. Her mum hadn't been home for a few days, so the apple was slightly mouldy. Gaia wrinkled her nose in disgust.

((Under work))

~~
Hope you all liked it! Voting and Feedback is very welcome! As is constructive criticism! Thanks.