Chapter 2: Learn to Love

3 days ago...

The first day: Discovery

"He's weird."

"Speak for yourself Mangle," Bonbon countered. "Wait...what do you mean 'he'?"

"The substitute nurse a while ago," Mangle replied.

"Foxy?" Bonbon looked at her suspiciously. "Okay. This is weirder than usual. You think he's interesting?"

"No."

. . .

"So, what have you written?"

Mangle handed her the essay she was working on last night. Bonbon looked at her. "Pain? Very typical of you. 'My goal is to achieve the best way to the most painful feeling in this world without dying', huh?  Sheesh, the teacher's gonna flip when she reads this."

"It's the ultimate goal Bonbon," Mangle told her, as she pulled out a pin from her pencil case. 

"Whoa! Wait, wait, wait! What's that?" Bonbon stopped her.

"This?" She pointed at the harmless pointy little pin grasped between two of her fingers. "It's obviously a pin."

"Exactly!"  Bonbon took the pin away from her. "And I know the use of a pin to you."

Mangle rolled her eyes. Her best friend found her reaction suspicious. Bonbon glanced at her bag. "Is there something your hiding?"

Mangle shook her head. "No."

"Mangle..."

"Uhh...still no."

"Mangle...."

"Maybe..."

"Mangle!"

"Okay!" She gave up. "Just a few blades and cutters! I promise there's nothing very dangerous inside my bag!"

Bonbon sighed. "Glad you didn't bring a huge knife and chainsaw like last time."

"I'm learning! I minimized having suicidal thoughts."

"Good girl. And remember to meet me after school. I want you to meet my boyfriend."

"Bonnie?" Mangle asked. "That freak that lives next door?"

"Hey, the guy's nice. Well, he is a freak."

"Is love really that important to people?" Mangle asked.

"Mangle...mangle....you innocent creature. You'll understand once you've learned to love someday."

Mangle scoffed. "At least I don't have to experience heart breaks."

She stopped. "Bonbon?"

"Hm?"

"According to psychology you can actually die form a broken heart right? I read it in a book somewhere."

"Mangle..what are you up to?" Bonbon stared at her.

"Well...not actually die. But close to dying is my ultimate goal in life. So it all makes sense if..."

Bonbon laughed. "Ha! What? You gonna go find a guy and get your heart broken or something?" She didn't receive a reply. She stopped laughing.

"Don't tell me..."

She saw Mangle's creepy smile. Yup...she just had an idea.

"No. Bad idea," Bonbon said with stern eyes, clutching either sides of Mangle's shoulders.