05

"Hey, Sleeping Beauty. Rise and shine," I hear someone absolutely familiar say. I slowly open my eyes and have to squint in order to adjust to the light.

"Oliver! Why does the dorm have to be so bright," I complained.

"Because we have to go to eat breakfast."

"But what if I don't want to?"

"Come on now. Don't make me carry you."

"Fine. Okay. Go carry me then." A mischievous smirk formed on my face. M"Bloody hell Melissa. I was only joking."

"I am and always was aware of that. But I serious."

Oliver chuckled under his breath. "Okay then. I shall carry you. But you will have to do me a favor."

"And what shall I do for you in return if you do carry me," I question with my eyebrows raised. Of course, I sit up with full of excitement.

"Excited eh? Okay. I dare you to go to the Gryffindor and Slytherin Common Room and introduce yourself. You call yourself a true Gryffindor right? Then accept the challenge."

I lean back and sigh. My thoughts are clouding my head. Clouds. Should I do it? I don't know.

After a hard thought on this 'challenge', I decided to try it out. It won't hurt, right? I mean I am in Gryffindor and Slytherin.

"Alrighty then! I accept your challenge since I am a 'true Gryffindor'."

The wind whistles quietly into my ears. My senses sharpened. I could hear and see things as if I were paranoid. Was I paranoid? I don't know. I cautiously took one step at a time. My heart was racing. 1, 2, 3. I was a wolf. A lone wolf. The dark and eerie dungeons were a place for a monster.

I thought I saw the light. I might have. I might not have. But was that really light? I held myself together and ran towards it without thinking twice about it.

All of a sudden, I forgot their common room had a password. 'I'm stuck,' I think to myself. I start tapping my foot against the floor and waited patiently.

"Black. What are you doing here?" The professor looked odd. He had a pointed nose that was really tall. His hair was black and as greaser than fried chicken and it was so long, it touched his shoulders. His robes were following him like his shadow. And in fact, they were lingering wherever he went.

He looked at me with a stern face. Soon, I realized, it wasn't a rhetorical question. "I'm sorry sir. I was going to make some new friends since I'm in Slytherin," I reply with full of determination.

"Very well. The password is anguis."

"Thank you very much, Sir," I thank lowering my head.