Chapter 1: Tickets

Emma's Point of View

“Okay open your present from the family!” my mom smiled. I’m turning 15 today and my mom and little sister, Kaylen, seemed extremely excited about the present they had gotten me. I took the little box wrapped in pink paper from Kaylen’s hands. “OH MY GOSH!” I screamed not really believing what was on the three pieces of paper. One Direction VIP tickets! Not only was I gonna see 1D in concert, I was gonna be front row at the concert, get to go to the sound check and the meet and greet, and get the special goody bag thing! “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” I hugged my family. “I love you guys!” I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face. I tweeted a picture of the tickets with the cat-with-the-heart-eyes emoji. My four best friends immediately texted me on our group message. Megan was a big fan of Harry Styles and she was pretty much about to loose it. We had talked about going to the concert together for a while but her mom wouldn’t let her go. “Best I’ve ever had. Hips don’t lie. Make me wanna tssssss one more night. Irreplaceable. Crazy. We’re Crazy.” Niall’s solo from “Better than Words” was playing from my phone, telling me I had a call. “I CAN NOT BELIEVE YOU ARE MEETING HARRY!” Megan shouted over the phone. “I’m meeting all five boys.” I reminded her. She really didn’t care about anything in 1D other than Harry and their music and quite frankly it annoyed me just a little. “Yeah, yeah.” she brushed me off. “Are you like totally excited!?” “Is that even a question? I haven’t stopped smiling!” “When is it?” “It’s in 10 days in Atlanta.” I told her. Atlanta is about 2 hours from my home town. “I wonder if they’ll like your accent?” she laughed. She is from New York and moved here when she was six. I’m from Tennessee and I’m a southern girl, born and raised. “Hmm, I hope so.” I laughed. “Well I gotta go. See you tomorrow!” It’s tuesday today and the concert is next friday. That seems like a really long time to wait for 1D. I guess I don’t have a choice. I could barely sleep I was so excited. It’s gonna be a long nine days. 

At school the next morning my friends basically attacked me. Well, except for Cammie, she doesn’t go to school with us anymore. “I bet you can’t wait.” Lyndsay laughed. “What will you wear?” Jessie asked me. Megan answered before I could, “A dress and vans or converse, of course.” I nodded. That’s exactly what I was going to wear. “I think I’m gonna wear a grey skater dress and my tiffany blue Vans.” “That will be totally adorable.” Lyndsay assured me. “And Harry will looooove it.” Megan teased. I knew she was a little jealous but she was being really nice. I was proud of her. I would have to buy her a t-shirt or something. Or get her an autograph. Or an autographed t-shirt! Ohhh that would be good. Yeah, that’s what I’ll get her for being supportive. Now I just have to make it through the next few days and I’ll be happy.