Chapter Thirty

The next morning Chloe met up with Liz, Becca and Adam. After hearing what happened, Eleanor who spend her first night in New York, decided to join them in a fun-filled day. That's how Adam described it, and if you knew Adam you'd know he wasn't overstating.

They all gathered in Chloe's town house and Paul played Eleanor's chauffeur.

C: El, Babe! You made it!

El: There's no way I'm going to miss out on a fun-filled day.

A: That's the spirit.

C: You remember Adam, my booker's assistant?

El: I do. I remember all of you guys. It's so nice to see you again.

From the corner of my eye I saw how Becca was fumbling and quickly dragged El to the kitchen. I almost forgot she was a closet One Direction fan.

C: Excuse us one second.

El: Chloe, I'm so sorry.

C: So you heard the news? I'm guessing the boys know too? Soon the whole world will know. Oh, btw, I told the guys outside.

El: Oh. Well I can assure you that none of us will blab. And I'm here if you need anything.

C: I know, thanks.

Liz stormed into the kitchen and dragged us out.

Liz: Enough with the mush. We have a lot planned out for today. We should get going.

C: What are we doing?

A: It's a surprise!

C: You know how much I hate surprises.

Becca: Oh, you're gonna love this one.

Jo: Ladies, gentleman, shall we?

Eight long hours later a limousine dropped Chloe off at home. She was drunk although it was still late afternoon but frankly she didn't care.

El: Wait. I'm coming with you.

Becca: I'm coming too.

C: I'm fine!

Becca: We need to get you sobered up before your parents get home.

C: My parents won't come home tonight. I told them I needed the house because I thought we were going to stay in and get drunk here.

Becca: Oh!

Chloe stumbled over her own feet and almost fell face first on the concrete stairs.

Becca: Watch your steps.

A loud clicking noise was heard and before Eleanor could react a small group of paparazzi was snapping photos of the event.

Eleanor tried to hide Chloe under her coat but it was already too late. By the time Becca opened the front door the paps got more shots than they needed.

El: Great. Just great. These shots will be all over the magazines tomorrow.

Becca: Don't worry. They're harmless.

El: Chloe was drunk. The paps noticed. They're going to mention it.

Becca: You think people will also start asking questions about her...and Zayn?

El: Of course. They're going to wonder why Chloe isn't with Zayn, now that's she's in New York too.

Eleanor was right, Becca thought. No one took photos of Chloe at the airport. So no one really knew she was here. Until today. Now they're going to wonder why she's not spending time with her boyfriend. The fact that the paps got drunk pictures of her only added more fuel to the fire.