Chapter Twenty Six

After lunch we drove back to London. We were both exhausted. But happy. We didn't get to sort everything out but at least now I knew we would be fine.

Z: Do you want me to drop you off at your apartment?

C: No.

He smiled and leaned in to give me a light kiss on the lips.

I made up my mind. I would face this difficult time and not run from it. I was his girlfriend and I would stick around no matter what. Yes, it would be tough, especially because none of us knew how long our game of hide and seek would last. But I was in it for the long run. I never gave up. I've always been a fighter. So I would do the only thing I knew. Fight.

At the same time in Louis' house...

El: Babe! Come here. You have to see this.

Lo: What? What is it?

El: Look.

Louis turned to look at the tv. Eleanor loved to watch these gossip shows. Mainly because she was a girl and girls love gossip. But she also kept track of what the media said about her.

Louis focused on the woman with the reddish hair and the white blouse.

"... Do you remember Chloe Davis, the model-turned-designer from New York? She appeared out of nowhere when One Direction was touring the U.S. in the summer. Pictures of her and Harry Styles emerged and fans went crazy thinking they were an item. Then 1D's rep said Harry and Chloe were just friends. Well, guess who's back! Harry's old pal Chloe. ..."

Louis looked at the picture of Chloe and Harry walking next to each other in the streets of London. It must've been a week old, Louis remembered how Harry told him he met up with Chloe in London and they spend the day. Well clearly, this is two friends spending the day. Why is media discussing this again?

The woman in white appeared on the screen again and continued speaking.

"... Well it seems that Chloe Davis widened her circle of 1D friends. ..."

Another picture was shown. This time it was her with Zayn. They were walking next to each other. It was a picture like Harry's. Completely harmless. But this picture was recent.

"... This picture was taken yesterday in Zayn's hometown Bradford. Nothing special you say? Then check this out! ..."

Another picture was shown. This time Zayn and Chloe were engaged in a tight hug, their lips locked.

Lo: Oh shit!

El: Oh shit is right.

"... Looks like the 1D hunk has some explaining to do. His fiancée, Little Mix singer Perrie Edwards, was not available for a statement this morning. ..."

Lo: Turn it off. I have to call Zayn. He has probably no idea.

El: Did he tell you how long he would be away?

Lo: Just a day. I'm assuming he's on his way back now. Shit! He's not picking up his phone. He must've run out of battery.

El: Then you have to call Chloe.

Lo: I guess so...

~

My butt was vibrating and it took me a minute to realize it was my phone. I took it out and looked at the display.

C: It's Louis.

Zayn shrugged next to me and I answered the call.

Hey Chloe, can I talk to Zayn?