2 | whoever

2 | WHOEVER

 Isabella Astraea Mancini: a troubled child since she was born

Isabella Astraea Mancini: a troubled child since she was born. Isabella was born to two con artists, Rosalinda Astraea, a Spanish-born Italian-raised woman, and Giovanni Mancini, a notorious Italian man. Because of her parents' profession, Isabella was forced into the world of scamming- it had almost became second-nature to her.

Living the lifestyle of a new person every 5 years or so was difficult for Isabella -or better known as Bella- she knew something terrible was going to happen because of it.

Eventually, her parents' scams caught up with them. The Mancini family was caught in the early 80s and, unfortunately, her mother was killed in the midst of the heat. Bella's father was arrested and spent the rest of his short life in a cold prison.

Consequently, Bella was left to fend on her own. All of her documents were fake and no one knew she existed, it was almost like she had a free pass to become whatever she wanted.

In the beginning, Bella was frightened. She didn't know what to do, what actions she would take- after all, for most of her life her parents made decisions for her and she never lived like a regular person. Hell, she didn't even know what regular folk did. She didn't even have the basic education and skills of a regular person.

What she did have, was the skills and knowledge of a con-artist. She could influence people to do things for her, which would have made her a wonderful politician. She could inflict fear in people, which would have made her a terrific criminal.

However, she didn't aspire to be any of those things. Isabella Mancini craved more. Because she could become whoever she wanted to be through her skills of reinventing herself, like she had done after all those years, she craved more.

Bella wanted to be was known. Isabella Astraea Mancini wanted to be a celebrity- it was in her blood, after all, to aspire for attention... and to achieve it no matter the price.