Chapter 2 - Up and not quite at 'em

I was up by six am. It was my usual time to get up as I normally cleaned the house before I left for school; being up didn't bother me anymore. We had both fallen asleep on the floor last night so I gently shifted Gemma onto two pillows I laid on the floor. Pulling the blanket over her shoulders, I tiptoed around Gemma and out into the kitchen. I flicked on the kettle while I hunted around the cupboards for mugs and tea bags.

"Cupboard to the right of you."

I jumped and turned around to see Andy sitting at the breakfast bar smiling. He was topless and I gazed at his well defined chest which set my heart fluttering and myself drooling. He was rubbing his eyes with his large but soft hands as he wiped the sleep from his eyes. I felt so self conscious about myself as I was standing in his kitchen in my underwear and one of Gemma's t-shirts. I felt goosebumps rise over my skin and a shiver ran down my spine as his eyes looked at me again. I crossed my arms awkwardly across my body to try to cover myself. Andy didn't even notice.

"Thanks," I stuttered, turning away, "You want anything?"

"Coffee please," he yawned.

"Black?" I asked.

"You remembered," he laughed.

"I always have been domesticated," I replied.

"True," he smiled, "How come you are up so early?"

I shrugged, "Early for me is three in the morning not six. Dad had me get up at this time every morning to clean the house and make tea before I left for school."

He sighed, "He shouldn't treat you like a servant."

I snorted, "I know no different. To be honest I enjoy it."

He looked at me, "You are quite a submissive person, aren't you?"

I blushed and my goosebumps grew, "I guess."

There was a silence between us. I could feel his eyes look over me. All I could do was hug my shoulders and stare down at the floor. I could feel the blush rising in my cheeks. I knew for certain that he viewed me as nothing more than his daughter's best friend, but if he only knew the effect he had on me. I could feel the warmth in my cheeks and yet I felt a shiver done my spine, like someone had poured ice onto my body. Luckily, the kettle finished boiling and I quickly turned to poured out the liquid into the mugs. Even as I wandered over to the fridge, I could feel his eyes on me. I slowly passed him his mug and our fingers touch momentarily.

"Thank you Sam," he said coolly.

I nodded, "No problem."

I slowly moved and sat next to him at the breakfast bar. I had no idea why but my body had urged me to. I felt my body tense up and I locked my fingers around my mug. I briefly gazed up at him to see him watching me again.

He touched my arm, "Are you ok?"

I shrugged, "I guess."

"Or are you just intimidated by..."

He stopped mid-sentence. I could feel him watching me and I could feel my cheeks heating. I felt so exposed under his gaze, I shrank from it, hunching over my shoulders. This was the most intimate conversation I had ever had with him and it did intimidate me.

"I can't believe after all these years I still intimidate you," he laughed.

"Everyone intimidates me," I replied.

"I'm not making fun," he said, "But what with eight ear piercings you would have thought you were the type of person who screams for attention."

"I got my navel pierced over the summer," I mumbled.

He raised his eyebrow, "I'd like to see that one day." I glanced up at him and he coughed slightly, "If it gets infected or any problems just come to me."

I nodded.

"You want some breakfast?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Scrambled egg on toast ok?" He asked.

I looked up at him, "Perfect."

He smiled as he got up and began to gather the equipment he needed to make breakfast. I then heard Gemma stumble into the kitchen. She wandered in in her signature sexy lingerie and she was pulling on a black silky dressing gown. I had no idea how she could wear something so revealing. I usually slept in full length pyjama bottoms and a top. I thought that what I was wearing was bad enough.

"Morning sleepy head," Andy said.

"Morning dad," Gemma yawned, "Ready for our big double date tonight?"

She plonked herself down next to me and I nearly spat out my drink. I had hoped/prayed that she had either forgotten about the date or was just pulling my leg about it. She seemed unfazed by it.

Gemma was a gorgeous girl with long raven black hair that she had dip dyed a vivid purple which cascaded down her back in perfect waves. She had a small diamond nose stud with a double lobe piercing and one cartilage piercing in her left ear. All of which suited her along with her crop tops and skinny jeans which were mostly dark in colour with a few pastels here and there. So basically, in a word, she was hot. She knew this and used it and flaunted it.

Me on the other hand, was polar opposite. I had dark red hair which hung around my shoulders in an untameable frizz, so was normally tied up. I had a double lobe piercing in both ears and three cartilage piercing in my right ear and one in my left. As I had also told Andy earlier, I had also recently got my navel pierced. I rode a Harley, which was the only thing my dad had actually given me that I had given a damn about, and wore camo trousers and black tops. So, in a word, I was average or even below average.

The biggest difference between Gemma and me was confidence. She had tons and I had none. And now she expected me to go on a date with a stranger? I had only just started wearing a few skirts for crying out loud! I swallowed a gulp of tea and bit my lip.

"I dunno Gem," I said, "What if things go bad?"

"Sammy Hun! I love you but you have to stop worrying so much!" She said, "You gotta live your life while you can."

I sighed, "I know."

"I promise nothing will happen!" She insisted, "Besides dad will meet them and he will know straight away if there is something wrong with them."

I nodded, "True."

"When are they coming?" Andy asked, his voice on edge.

"About seven tonight," Gemma replied, oblivious to the change in her dad's voice, "They are taking us out for a fancy dinner."

"What are their names?" I asked.

"Colin and Ray Jacobson," she replied, "They are brothers!"

Although Gemma was excited, I didn't share her enthusiasm. I wasn't very good around new people and didn't particularly want to leave the safety of somewhere I knew. Andy wordlessly passed us our breakfasts before taking a slice of toast and heading back towards his bedroom. I could help the sinking feeling I felt as Gemma blubbered on about how this will be good for me and how I'll really enjoy myself. Not my idea of fun. I heard the faint sound of the shower and I found myself fantasising about Andy staring dangerously at me before throwing me into the air and catching me before roughly shoving me against the wall and....

"Sam!"

"Yes?" I asked, startled.

"I said I'll be back between four and five," Gemma said, "Did you wanna go out and get our nails done?"

I shook my head, "Let's just do it here."

Gemma shrugged, "If that's what you would prefer."

"I just think it's easier and cheaper," I replied, "Besides it more fun."

Gemma laughed, "True! Anyway you better eat before your eggs get cold! I'm gonna go shower."

I looked down at my plate to see it was untouched and yet Gemma was finished completely. I shook my head and mentally slapped myself.

It will never happen! No matter how much I want it to or how good it would be!