Gem

A/N
The title of the chapter is who's POV it is. Thank you :)
---------------------------------------

'Stop it Gem!' I thought as I forced myself to peel my eyes away from Sam's lips. I tried to focus on Xavier. My boyfriend, might I add, but my focus kept on drifting over to her. She was beautiful. Her dirty blonde hair, green eyes, pale skin. And her freckles. Oh her freckles drove me crazy. They dotted her face, arms, and shoulders. They made her stand out in a crowd because they were a vibrant orange. I wonder if they went to-

"Gem! GEM! Are you okay? I have been calling your name. You kind of spaced out." Mary asked knocking me out of my trance. I rubbed my head and blinked my eyes a few times. I looked over at Mary. Her grey eyes filled with worry. Her brown hair was pulled back away from her tanned face. She is transgender. So is her boyfriend, Jack. He flipped his dark blue raven hair and blinked his brown eyes as he stopped his conversation with my openly gay bff Greg. By this time all of my friends were looking at me with worried expressions. I smiled and nodded, hoping to have reassured them that I was okay. Greg looked at me for a few seconds longer than everyone else before turning back to Jack and continued their conversation on the color pink.

'Such a stereotypical gay' I thought shaking my head at him. Greg and I have been best friends since grade one. I was too shy to go play with the other kids so he came over to me and called me a freak.

So I punched him.

From then on we were inseparable. We would play dress up, and dolls, and do each others nails. It was pretty clear he was gay. So, when the 6'3, black haired, blue eyed, Mexican came out of the, his words not mine, 'oh so fabulous closet' no one was surprised. To be honest we all expected it. We even placed bets. I couldn't place one though because I already knew when he would.

**********

The lunch bell rang five minutes later and we all left to go to our classes. As I was walking to English I thought about what has changed this year.

It's been the same for Greg an I for years, but this year is different.

I mean, I have a transgender friend who has a trans boyfriend, I have a jock boyfriend, and for some reason I can't get Sam Aton off my mind.

You see, Sam is an openly gay teen here at Force High School. She came out freshman year. That was three years ago. Now, in our senior year I finally became friends with her. Greg and Mary say they ship us together. We are their OTP. Sure I'm sort of, kind of, maybe attracted to her.

BUT!!

I am sure it's just a phase. I mean, I do have a boyfriend.

Right?

*****
Thank you all for reading my first chapter in this book. I am not the best writer.

*cough* hence my other books *cough*

BUT I am trying really hard on this one since it hits so close to home. I am pansexual and I have read books, seen videos and have heard stories about the LGBTPQA community. This will not be the best book. I will not update regularly but I will try to update every Friday. Thank you for reading this super long note:)

Word count:592