"What?" I asked.

"I didn't expect..." She trailed off but I knew what she meant. She didn't expect a grounder to know who oppenheimer is.

"I collect books from before the war. Well, I used too." I told her and there was another flash of guilt on both of their faces.

I kept my eyes on the horizon, watching the plume of smoke and wondering how many of my people died today.

"There! It's them! Open the gate!" Harper cried from the fence line.

The gate was opened and in came Jasper and Monty grinning like idiots. Everyone clapped and cheered, bouncing from the victory. They walked with pride through the camp, toward the weapons tent to offload. They walked passed me and Jasper's eyes met mine.

"Not too bad goggles." I said, loud enough that he could hear me, but quiet enough that no one else could. He laughed, nodding back at me.

Finn came through the gate, carrying Raven, who had blood coming from her nose. She must have the virus. Clarke ushered them into the Dropship and I turned to Bellamy.

"I guess it's time to go back in now, right?" I sighed holding up my wrists. He pushed them down.

"Not yet." He smiled.

I breathed a sigh of relief, I wasn't going back in to the dark, cold Dropship.

Not yet.

~~~

Two days had passed and only one more boy had died. Everyone else got better, quickly like I had promised. I was back in the Dropship, tied up to the wall, but sitting down this time.

Lucky me.

I was in and out of sleep when cries of distress came from outside. I strained against my restraints to try and catch a glimpse of what was going on but I couldn't see.

After an hour of waiting to catch the end of a conversation that would tell me what happened, Bellamy came marching inside and headed over to me.

"There was a fire." He explained and my eyes widened.

"It burnt down the meat, we have to send out a hunting party." He finished and then turned to the people that had followed him.

"Each crew takes someone with a gun. But their for killing grounders, not food, we don't have the amo. Use the spears for hunting. Get what you can and be back by nightfall. No one stays out after dark." He called out to everyone.

He crouched down and began to untie me.

"What...?" I trailed off.

"You didn't think I was going to leave you here with Murphy did you?" He asked with a smirk.

A smile stretched across my face. I got to my feet, bouncing on my toes.

"Besides, you stink. We need to get you to a river, fast." He joked and that just made me even more excited.

My excitement dampened when he pulled out a piece of rope. He noticed my face fall.

"Sorry, I have too." He whispered, looking around. He tied my wrists together, loose enough that the rope didn't scratch my skin.

He pulled me out of the Dropship and into the fresh air.

"We just have to stop by the Raven's tent for more amo, then we can go." He told me and I nodded.

We dudcked into the tent and were met with Raven.

"I need more amo." Bellamy stated.

She passed him about five good bullets.