10. gun

Gun (noun): a weapon incorporating a metal tube from which bullets, shells, or other missiles are propelled by explosive force, typically making a characteristic loud, sharp noise.

Bellamy

I sat on the third floor of the dropship, guarding the grounder, trying to keep my eyes away from the girl but failing miserably. She on the other other hand couldn't keep her eyes off the floor.

She probably hated me.

I resigned myself to that when I had taken the first swing at the male grounder we had brought in a few days ago during the storm. She had probably hated me before then anyway.

So why did it bother me so much?

Miller came up through the hatch, shattering my scrambled thoughts.

"Did you talk to the arc?" I asked him. Since Raven got the radio up we were able to not only hear but see the people on the arc as well.

"I told Digg's parents the news. John's Mom, I'm supposed to talk to Roma's Dad this afternoon." Miles debriefed.

"Thanks for doing that. I owe you." I told him, genuinely.

"Telling all these parent's that their kids were murdered by grounders, I just wish we were getting some justice." Miles said darkly, eyeing her up.

"We're not killing them." I growled.

Miller nodded curtly before eyeing up the man. He grabbed some of the bloodied guts that came from our last meal and walked over to him.

"You were a lot scarier with that face paint on." Miller hissed wiping the guts down the man's face.

Out of nowhere the man sharply headbutted him, taking Miller to the floor and the girl's head snapped up, her eyes wide.

I shook my head at Miller's stupidity and made my way down the ladder, not before sneaking a glance at the girl before I left. For once, she was actually looking at me and for a second our eyes met before she looked away like she had been caught out. Were her cheeks pink? It was probably just hot in Dropship but I smiled to myself anyway.

When I got to the bottom floor, I was met with Octavia who was still sitting there, waiting.

"You're still here?" I asked.

"I'm not leaving until you let me up to see him." she said stubbornly.

"Get comfortable." I told her. She gave me a stony glare. I knew I was being unreasonable but everything I did was to protect her.

"I let him live. Isn't that enough?" I asked her.

"He saved my life. And yours." Octavia snapped back.

"I know you see it that way but-" I started but she cut me off.

"That's the only way to see it." She stated.

"He's still dangerous." I shot back.

"Only because of what you did." Octavia muttered.

"Whatever connection you think you have to him, forget it." I told her.

"You can talk." She spat back at me.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked her.

"I see the way you look at her, Bell." She said.

"And it's not just me that's noticed." She continued.

"So stop being such a hypocrite and let me see him." She yelled.