11. flight

Fight (verb): take part in a violent struggle involving the exchange of physical blows or the use of weapons.

Bellamy

"How are you here? You're on the arc." I stuttered.

"You shot me on the arc. But I've been waiting for you." He hissed.

"I did what I had to do." I choked out.

"To protect Octavia." He finished for me.

"That's right." I nodded.

"Pathetic. Using your sister to justify your crimes? To justify your cruelty? Your selfishness?" He walked towards me, every word cutting into me.

"If you're gonna kill me, just do it." I stated, not wanting to die scared.

"Why should I kill you? Not like the others, I survived your treachery." He hissed.

"What are you talking about?" I asked gruffly.

"The 320 souls that were culled from the arc so that others could live. You knew that they would be sacrificed." He said and realization dawned on me.

"The radio. I didn't know that would happen." I breathed.

"It's not my forgiveness you need, it's theirs." He told me.

Suddenly people melted from the darkness, walking through the trees towards me chanting 'murderer'. Some of the I knew and some I didn't but they all had wide, hollow eyes and ashen skin.

"Stop!" I yelled, sprinting away from them, my movements sloppy as m world spun.

Night had well and truly fallen and the people were closing in, their chanting louder and louder. I was afraid now, I hadn't wanted to die scared but I'm scared now and I think I'm dying too.

I fell backwards on the ground, with blurred vision and shaking hands. Someone put a hand on my shoulder. It was Jaha.

"Please! Kill me! Kill me!" I cried.

Suddenly I was all too aware of the metal pressing into my back. I took out the gun that I kept tucked in the waistband of my pants and held it up to Jaha.

"I deserve it. Please." I almost begged.

Jaha's face screwed up in disgust and he suddenly he backhanded me across the face, taking me to the ground.

"I can't fight anymore!" I cried out.

"Don't you know? Life is a fight." He hissed and kicked me in the stomach.

"What am I supposed to do?" I asked.

"Live. Breathe. Suffer. You owe them that. You want the peace of death? Then you're going to have to earn it." He knelt down, spitting the last words in my face.

He rose up to his full height and kicked me again.

"Fight back!" He screamed.

He punched me again and when I didn't get up, he lifted my head up.

"You think you deserve to be free of your pain? Do you deserve that gift?" He asked me.

"Because your going to get it." His words echoed in my mind, on repeat, he punched me in the jaw and I fell back in the dirt.

When I looked up the throngs of lifeless people weren't there anymore and instead of Jaha it was Dax was looking down at me, a machine gun in his hands.

"Nothing personal." He shrugged and fired the gun.

Only I wasn't met with a bang, but rather the hollow click of a dud bullet. I looked to my side and grabbed the gun that had fallen out of my hand but when I aimed at Dax, that disappeared too.