7. disappeared

Disappeared (verb): cease to be visable.

Luna

"Octavia?" Bellamy's voice echoed throughout the camp.

It was getting close to midnight and everyone was in their tent asleep. I was still chained to the wall so I had to curl up in the dirt which didn't bother me. I had slept on the forest floor too many times to count.

Bellamy's voice stirred me, he sounded frantic, a big change from when he spoke to me today. I almost smiled at the memory. He had talked to me like we were friends and I was pretty sure that we weren't considering that him and his people were keeping me locked up here.

He had wanted to 'let me know what was going on' and he had stumbled over his words so much that when he left, the tips of his ears were pink. All that had vanished now and I sat up against the wall to get a better look.

He was moving through the camp, frantically checking different tents for his little sister. He reached Clarke's tent.

"You're up?" He asked.

"Yeah. Knowing that hundreds of people might be dying on the arc really makes it hard to sleep." Clarke bit back, emerging from her tent.

"Raven's flares will work." Bellamy said, though he didn't sound so sure.

"Her radio would have worked better." Clarke sighed.

"Have you seen Octavia?" Bellamy asked.

"No. I mean, it's Octavia. She's probably chasing butterflies." Clarke scoffed.

"Clarke, I've checked the camp, she's not here." Bellamy said urgently.

"Okay, I'll help you find her." Clarke nodded.

"Let's check again. You go to the dropship, I'll check the tents." Clarke said, leading the way.

"Thankyou." Bellamy said huskily.

"Don't thank me, I'm not doing this for you. I'm doing this for Octavia." Clarke replied.

As they passed out of my sight I tried to think of when I last saw Octavia. She was one of my favorite people in the camp to watch because she didn't know how to keep her emotions hidden at all.

She was like an open book, you could tell how she was feeling by her face or the way she fiddles with her fingers or her hair, absentmidedly.

The last I had seen of her was early this morning when the sun was just filtering through the trees. I had figured she had just been helping them with the flares for the rest of the day but I don't remember seeing her when the flares were lit either.

Where had she disappeared to?

After a half hour of nothing but silence, Bellamy and Clarke moved through the camp, waking everyone up.

"Hey everyone, gather around and grab a weapon." Bellamy announced, dropping some weapons into the clearing.

"My sister's been out there, alone for twelve hours. Arm up, we're not coming back without her." He addressed everyone.

I noticed Jasper moving forward but Clarke stopped him.

"Hey Jasper, you don't have to do this. You haven't been outside camp since..." She trailed off.

"Clarke, I need to do this." Jasper said softly and I suspected some romantic feelings were involved.

"We need all the help we can get." Bellamy told Clarke.