"Don't tell me you trust him now." Bellamy growled.

"Trust? No. I do believe in second chances though." Clarke sighed.

"It's almost dawn. We better get everyone inside. If we lock that doors maybe the grounders will think we're not home." He joked.

"Not everyone's sick." Clarke pointed out.

"Sick is better than dead." Bellamy argued.

"You don't think Finn and Jasper are going to pull it off." Clarke realized.

Oh they were talking about the bomb. Finn came in earlier to tell Clarke what was going on and I caught most of their conversation.

"Do you?" He challenged.

"I'll get everyone inside." She sighed in resignation. She got to her feet and walked off.

Bellamy glanced back at me and bum shuffled his way back so that he rested against the wall beside me.

"I feel like shit." He stated.

"You look like shit." I added.

"Hey!" His face broke into a grin as he laughed.

"Look who's talking!" He sassed.

I know that I looked awful, I was well aware. A month without a shower will do that.

"Well maybe if you let your prisoners bathe, I would look slightly better." I shot back, laughing. He laughed too.

"Well maybe if your people didn't send a killer virus into the camp, I would look slightly better!" He added.

We laughed, we really laughed. We laughed like we weren't enemies, like this wasn't the strangest scenario to ever have happened.

"Tell you what, if I live, we'll take a trip to the lake." He said some of the seriousness back in his voice.

"You're going to live." I said softly, the crease in between my eyebrows was back.

"I hope so." He responded, his eyes locking with mine.

"You're going to live." I repeated, more to myself than to him.

I inched my hand closer to his hand and waited. Waited.

He reached for my hand and linked our fingers, squeezing tightly.

We stayed like that, in a room full of sleeping sick kids, clinging onto each other for I don't know how long.

I looked at him out of the corner of my eye. The curve of his mouth, the deep chocolatey brown of his eyes, the worry lines on his forehead. My cheeks warmed and I felt a weird feeling in my stomach. I looked away.

I was so screwed.

~~~

I was jolted awake by a loud boom, echoing through the Dropship. My head, that had been resting on Bellamy's shoulder jerked away. Bellamy and I shared a look. He unchained me from the wall and we ran outside.

An ashy black cloud of smoke was rising into the sky, Clarke was at my side, grinning in relief, Bellamy was on my other side.

"He did it." Bellamy breathed.

"I am become death. Destroyer of worlds" Clarke whispered. I looked at her and the grin had fallen from her face leaving guilt. She noticed Bellamy and I's eyes on her.

"It's oppenheimer. The man who built the first-" She started but was cut off.

"I know who oppenheimer is." I told her and they looked at me in surprise.