3

I felt my heart start to beat, but why should it be? I had no control over my body when that happened. Yet I'm still scared. Chris sat on the bed, careful to not sit on me.

"I saw it on the news. They made the description, and I instantly knew that it was your character." He took a shaky breath in. "I started to head towards your house, but I saw you running after Sophie. I followed you, and I heard her screaming. I called the police, but she stopped as soon as I got off the cell. I watched as they brought her out in a body bag, and then you on the stretcher." He sniffled, and a tear slid down his cheek.

He shifted to where he was looking at me. He smiled, but it faded quickly. I felt horrible. He doesn't need to be scared of me. I sat up and put a hand on his shoulder. "Chris, I'm sorry. You didn't need to hear or see that." I shook my head. "You have to believe me when I tell you that I didn't kill her. Yes she was murdered by me, but I wasn't in my body. He was."

Chris looked down, and sighed. "So you're saying that this- this fictional character is trying to control your body?"

"Yes. I know it sounds weird, but I had a dream with that girl in it, to only find out it came true. I saw everything that happened, and I saw what happened to Sophie, and I-." I took a breath, and felt cold. "Honestly think that he is trying to gain full control."

"How would that work? He's a fictional character, PJ." He stood up and looked out the window. He crossed his arms, and let out a frustrated sigh. "How is this even happening?"

I looked down. "I don't know," I whispered. I tried to think of a logical explanation, but couldn't find one.

"You don't know?" He walked back over to the bed, getting in my face. "There has to be something that triggered it."

I thought for a minute. That could explain it. I thought back to when Sophie came over. My heart hurt just thinking about it. I started to think about the girl in the dream, and her brother. Sure they did bad things to me in university, but that-

"That's it. He killed people who made fun of me. The siblings did that in university, but Sophie never did anything to me. She was always understanding about everything." I thought for a minute.

Could it have been a certain word that she said? It had to be. That's the only explanation I have. Murder. That's it. "Just don't say..." I looked around the room for a piece of paper and a pen. I wrote down murder and showed it to Chris.

He understood, and nodded. "Is there anyone else who is a target, or you think might be one?"

I tried to remember if there was anyone else who mocked me. I couldn't think of anyone at that moment, so I shook my head. A knock on the door made us both jump. We looked toward the door, and I wanted to run.

He's the last one. I felt it. I had to use what is left of my strength to not jump him. I started to shake, and Chris could tell. He jumped up and pushed David back out into the hall.

I could hear them yelling at each other. David and I had come to terms two years ago, but apparently that wasn't enough for Wiggles.

I laughed. I sound like a complete idiot right now. Blaming these murders that I did on a fictional character. I still don't believe that it's actually happening.

I quickly got out of the bed, and I took out the IVs. I remembered that Louis brought a bag of clothes with him also, and I grabbed them. I quickly took off the gown that they had put me in, removing the heart monitor cords, and traded it for jeans and a jumper. I found my shoes and put them on.

The monitor was flat-lining, and I heard the nurses rushing around outside. I quickly looked out the window. I was on the second story, and I tried to open the window. It open a small bit, but it was enough for me to squeeze through. I went through the window, and dropped to the ground.

I scratched my face on a branch, and sprained my ankle in the process. I winced as I stood up, but limped back home. I looked back at the window I had just dropped out of, and saw Chris. He quickly grabbed everything and darted out of the room. I continued on, until I tripped over my own feet.

I groaned and sat up. I heard a cars engine next to me, and felt hands on either side of me. I looked up, seeing it was Chris. He helped me into the car, and we headed to his place.