Skating Rink

~1 Week Later~

"Hey,Cat! Wanna go roller skating?" Joey asked.

"Umm....uhh,I'm actually busy,I have to do homework and other stuff." Cat said.

"Oh,ok maybe next time." Joey smiled.

"Yeah,maybe.." Cat smiled.

Cat's POV

Oh no....I don't even know how to skate what will I do if he asks me again.....hmm I don't know.I'll just make up more excuses I guess.

Joey's POV

Cat always does stuff with me...why doesn't she wanna come.Ugh,I was looking forward to it.Maybe we can roller skate together for the field trip.Our homeroom is taking a field trip to the roller rink and there is going to be a couples dance.Even though we're only in 6th grade,like everyone is in a relationship.I hope we can skate there.

End POV 

Meghan's POV

I was in the bathroom washing my hands,getting ready for lunch.Then Cat came in.

"Meghan." She said.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Joey asked me to go roller skating with him but I don't know how to rollerskate." Cat said.

"What!?!? But we have that field trip coming up!" I said.

"I know,I don't know what to do." Cat sighed.

"It's ok,you can hang with me.I'm probably not gonna do much skating anyways." I said.

"Ok,thank gosh." Cat said.

Then we went up to lunch.

End POV 

                                                              Day Of The Field Trip   

Cat and Meghan were sitting down in their rollerskates.

"This sucks,I have to scoot everywhere I go or else I'll fall on my face." Cat pouted.

"It's ok,at least you're not falling on your face in the rink in front of everyone." Meghan said.

"You're always looking on the bright side." Cat smiled.

"I'm happy a lot." Meghan laughed.

Joey rolled over to Cat.

"Wanna go skate Cat?" Joey asked.

"Uhm,no maybe in a couple minutes." Cat said.

"Oh,ok.Meghan?" Joey asked.

"Sure,just until this song is over." Meghan said.

Joey and Meghan went on the rink and skated side by side.Cat slowly made her way to the bathroom.

"Meghan.." Joey said.

"Yeah?" Meghan asked.

"Does Cat still wanna be my friend? Why doesn't she wanna hang as much?" Joey asked.

"Truth it,she doesn't know how to skate.She didn't wanna embarrass herself in front of everyone." Meghan said.

"Oh..." Joey said.

The song ended and Meghan was about to get off the rink when Sawyer came.

"Wanna skate Meghan?" Sawyer asked.

Meghan was kinda tired,but when Sawyer asked her she suddenly got more energy.

"Yeah,sure." Meghan smiled.

Joey saw Cat sitting down playing with her straw in her drink.He skated over to Cat.

"Cat." Joey said.

"Yeah?" Cat asked.

"Come here." Joey said.

"N-No I-" Cat stuttered.

"I know you can't skate,I'm going to teach you." Joey smiled down at her.

Joey held out a hand for her.Cat looked up at him and smiled.She grabbed his hand and Joey pulled her carefully to the rink.

"Ok,just pretend you're walking." Joey said calmly,slowly dragging Cat along the rink.

Cat took a deep breathe,then started taking tiny steps.

"Good...ok now try and take a little bit bigger steps." Joey said.

Cat tried to take a bigger step but in her head she was imagining the bad things that could happen,so she fell on top of Joey.Joey started laughing.

"Are you ok?" Joey laughed.

"I'm fine." Cat sighed.

They got back up.

"Ok,just relax,try and keep your balance,and I'll just pull you so you get comfortable." Joey said.

Cat closed her eyes and let her body relax.Joey pulled her around slowly.She wobbled a little bit but then she got the hang of it.Joey dragged her in circles for a while.

"Ok,try and move your feet." Joey said.

"Pretend like you're slide pick up your feet and scoot forward." Joey said.

Cat picked up her foot then fell down.People rolled by and laughed at her.

"Oh wow,loser can't even skate." One girl said.

"She's probably special ed." The other girl said.

Joey picked Cat up.

"Don't listen to them,trust me." Joey said.

Joey dragged Cat around and soon she started picking up her feet.Slowly she pushed forward.She wobbled for a bit then she got her balance and took bigger steps.Joey let go and she was skating.She had finally learned to skate.

"Oh my gosh!!!" Cat cheered.

"Good work girrll!!!!!!!!" Joey cheered.

Joey and Cat skated side by side with Meghan and Sawyer.

"Aallright everyone couples skate,time for a slooww song." The DJ said.

"Wanna...skate together maybe? Cat?" Joey asked.

"S-Sure." Cat smiled.

"Hey,Meghan.Wanna skate?" Sawyer asked.

"Sure." Meghan smiled.

Joey and Cat were holding hands skating slowly.

"Thanks for teaching me how to skate Joey." Cat said.

"Anything for you.Anything for my best friend." Joey smiled.

The slow song was over and everyone was skating for fun.Joey went to the bathroom and Cat was skating around.Joey was done in the bathroom and got back to skating.He saw Cat in front of him and sped up to catch up with her.When he was behind her he got an idea.He got close ro her and lifted her up.

"AAHH JOEY!!! WE'RE GONNA FALL!" Cat screamed and laughed.

"HAHA NO WE'RE NOT IM STRONG!!" Joey shouted laughed.

Cat fell down on top of Joey laughing.Joey got up and helped Cat up.

"I told you stupid!!" Cat laughed.

"Oops!" Joey laughed.

"Race ya!" Cat said.

Joey and Cat raced around the roller skating rink.They were having the best time ever.Cat hopped on Joey's back and Joey skated all around the roller skating rink.

"Wow,are those two dating?" One girl asked.

"I don't know,but if they aren't I bet they like each other." The other girl said.

"Yeah right,I bet Joey's only being nice.Joey's too cute for Cat." Another girl said.