Here Comes A Fighter (6)

Shellys POV 

.  Ughhhhh my head my poor poor aching head was the only thing I could think about when I got up in the morning to go to work. I shouldn’t drink again it only leads to bad things. I couldn’t even recall much from last night, only that some dude had driven me home. I took a shower and popped two Advil’s in an attempt to get rid of the pounding in my head. I walked outside and remembered I had left my car at the bar last night. Fuck my life. But when I looked around I spotted my shiny small silver car right in front of the apartment complex. But…how…when. I searched in my purse…my car keys were there. I shrugged it off and decided to ignore the abnormality of it all and just be thankful I didn’t have to catch the bus. When I got to work I instantly regretted it when I heard the screaming of “Osu!!” every 3 goddamn seconds.  Angela saw me sitting there pinching the bridge of my nose with my head down and came over to me.

“Hangover?” she asked

“How’d you know?” I asked, she always seemed to know what was going on before I told her.

“The way your head is bent down and you cringe every time the students shout” she replied.

“I didn’t think it was that obvious” I said trying to sit up straight.

“ Shell I know your not a drinker, you must be really stressed if you resorted to that” she observed with a frown on her face.

“I am, I am” I didn’t want to lie to her and tell her I wasn’t

“Is it the same girl?”

“yeah it is” I said and continued to fill her in on the details of what happened with Ty.

“ I think she likes you” she said smugly with a smirk on her face.

“What, how could you have possibly gotten that from what I just told you?” I asked in disbelief.

“Well she was upset, she was concerned, and she ran after you those signs just spell out I like you”

I was speechless well it did kind of make sense…I guess.

The rest of the day at work went by pretty smoothly once my headache went away. By the time I was leaving to go to the gym I had a smile on my face, the conversation I had with Angela kept replaying itself in my head. Maybe she really did like me, maybe I wasn’t a fool for having a crush on her.

When I arrived…she wasn’t there. Wait no she was always there, I mean we hadn’t exchanged numbers or anything. I worked on the bag myself that day. I didn’t like it so much anymore without a partner I was less motivated and by 30 minutes in I was ready to just go home. Then she walked in. she glanced at me, dropped her bag, put on her bags and we started up. I ended up going for an hour and a half since Ty still wanted to get in her hour and I didn’t want to seem like a quitter. When we were done I sunk down on the wall panting and gulping down water. I looked up at her

“Why were you late today?”  I asked, even though I knew I had no right.

“ I was debating on whether or not I wanted to come” she simply said

“Why?” I was curious.

“Since I’m a problem to you I was thinking about coming at a different time”

“What made you change your mind then?” I wanted to tell her she wasn’t a problem to me, but that would lead me to blurting out other things.

“I decided last night while I was driving a very drunk woman home, that I wouldn’t particularly mind being your problem”