Chapter 3

"EW EW EW EEEK! KILL IT!" My mom is screaming as my dad chases this furry little creature through the kitchen. I'm thinking it's a mouse or something but the thing is black as coal!

"What is it!" Troy is yelling.

KERWACK!

The head of the broom smashes down onto it. "Probably a mouse that got inside some paint or tar." My father assumed.

There are two reasons I don't believe that. One: There are no paint tracks. Two: The mouse or whatever it is was bleeding. However, the blood wasn't red. Black fluids start pouring from the mouse.

"Disgusting!" My mom said walking away.

"Gnarly!" Troy says. He loves animals. Especially wild ones.

Dad sweeps it up then trashes it. After it's gone he mops up the floor. He says he has to buy a new mop because the black stuff isn't coming off. He's one hundred percent sure it's tar. I'm one hundred percent sure that's crap.

When mom and dad leaves, Troy grabs some rubber gloves and pulls Anti Mickey Mouse out of the garbage. I gag as he holds it by its stomach. "That is so gross. Put it away." I say.

He studies it in front of me. "This is so strange." He goes.

"I'm leaving," I say almost about to walk away.

"Wait!" He says walking towards me with it in his hand. I still need to puke.

"It doesn't have feet...or a tail." He goes. I don't know why that sent a chill down my spine. Maybe because of how disgusting that sounded. "April, it doesn't even have a head."

As soon as he says that the thing dissolves in his hands turning into black mush. He drops it onto the floor. It makes a splat kind of sound. Kind of like putty. We step back because by now the mush is shaping into something. I want to scream but I can't. Troy can't scream either. The mush takes the shape of a hand. I swallow hard. The mushy black hand is gliding towards the top cabinet and that's when we see what it is attaching to. On the cabinet above us is a man. His face looks like it had been burned to a crisp. His lips were gone and only his teeth showed. His eyes were bloodshot red and he reached out for us with his black mushy hand. "Get out..." It warned us in a grimly tone.

"Kids mom said- "Dad walks in and the both of us scream so loud that it makes him scream. We run behind him and point at the cabinet above us...but nothing is there. The man is gone.