Chapter 26 - I'm Gonna Buy My Happiness

Start from the beginning

"It's all in your heart. If you can convince your mind that there's a God, then you'll start believing too," she said.

I couldn't make sense of her words.

"Then doesn't that make the whole God system just a belief?" I asked.

"In a way, yes it does. Most people accept it." She answered, now cleaning the small mirror that hung loosely right above a tiny but clean basin.

"Do I have to accept it too?" I asked in a small voice.

"Not necessarily. It's up to you, dear." She looked at me with her light, green eyes.

"But remember," she said after a few seconds. "People will always judge you for what you do and what you believe in. It's in their nature." She went back to cleaning now.

"Humans suck then." I muttered. Mom just gave a small smile at my comment.

That memory was refreshing. It evokes me of mom. And seriously, there's no one else who can love you more than your mom. Well, if she doesn't hate you like some of these Wattpad mums.

I've got a habit of singing this one song which reminds me deeply of her. So, as soon as I reach the church I start with my mini karaoke.

"You used to call me your angel," I sang in a small voice.

"Said I was sent straight down from the heaven," I continued.

"You'd hold me close in your arms,"

"I loved the way you felt so strong."

"I never wanted you to leave,"

Tears are preparing for their special show by now.

"I wanted you to stay here holding me,"

"I miss you, I miss your smile,"

"And I still shed a tear every once in a while,"

"And even though it's different now,"

Fuck those annoying tears who decided to come rolling down my face. Again, not literally.

"You're still here somehow," My voice was now quavering slightly.

"My heart won't let you go,"

"And I need you to know,"

By now, I had reached till the point of sobbing.

"I-I miss you," I ended the chorus, not without stuttering, of course, and quickly made my way out of the church. I'd rather not think about her right now.

With that, I began walking towards my home sweet home.

It had been two weeks since I received the news of kissing Asher, and since then I've been getting this guilt feeling every time I see Cass. It certainly doesn't feel good.

That's why, I've been trying to avoid her in these past few days, and unfortunately, she noticed that because she came to my room last night while I was scrolling through my gmail account.