27.

Melanie Stephen

"You okay?" Miles asked Chase as they walked through the front door.

"Yeah I'm fine." Chase said while laughing. They both walked in the living room where I was relaxing and Miles carried the duffle bag on his shoulder and Chase looked around the house in amazement.

"Wow this is nice." He complimented.

"Thanks little man, but come here I want you to meet someone." Miles said while bringing the little boy over to me. He was skinny just like his father and tall for his age. "This is Melanie, my girlfriend."

"Hi." I said while giving him a smile. "It's nice to finally meet you."

"Nice to meet you too." He said and gave me a hug. I was shocked that he did and gave him one back and then let go.

"Do I have to go to bed?" He asked quickly.

"It's only Friday you can stay up as late as you want." Miles said while rubbing his head. Chase laughed and hit Miles' stomach.

"Okay well I'd like to see my room now." He demanded.

"Okay lets go." Miles said while chase followed not far behind him. I decided to walk up with them just to see his reaction to the newly decorated room that was designed specially for him.

"Where do you work dad?" Chase asked while looking up to miles.

"Well I'm a successful businessman, magazine stuff." He whispered.

"And what about you Melanie?" He asked me.

"Well um I'm an editor in chief." I smiled. He grabbed my hand as we stopped in front of his bedroom door.

"Okay close your eyes." Chase closed them tight, but peeked one open. "No peeking."

We opened the door and pushed him inside when he then jumped around in excitement.

"No way this is awesome! How'd you know that I liked transformers dad?"

"Because your mother told me, and with the help of Melanie and her friend we decorated your room for you. I hope that you like it?"

"Like it? I love it it's amazing!"

Miles and I shared a look and focused our attention back to Chase who was prancing around his room happily picking up toys and placing them back neatly. He plopped down on his bed and continued looking around.

"You okay little man?" Miles asked approaching him.

"Yeah I'm okay." He smirked. "Could I get a glass of chocolate milk please?"

"Uh yeah come on I hope you don't piss the bed." He mumbled.

"Trust me I'm potty trained." Chase reassured and gave miles a look.

I was happy to see them bonding, but all I could think about was Ava and how she's possibly taking care of herself which made me wonder if I should pay her a visit.

"Hey have you talked to you know who?" I asked Miles.

"Yeah she's fine the nurse is with her now since I paid for 24/7 service, don't worry she'll be okay."