Chapter 12 | July 25, 2016 | His Side

"Umalis po siya." Bong Go informed him.

Digong took a sip from the glass of water he was holding. He had just finished an hour long SONA and was now taking a break before meeting the rallyist that he had just invited in.

He looked out the window of his office, watching the Vice Presidential convoy as it sped away.

"As expected. Magaling mangumbinsi ang mga 'yun."

He undid the topmost button of his barong and walked towards his desk putting the glass down.

"Baka di matuloy 'yung meeting niyo ngayon? Baka di na siya dumating?" Bong looked uncertain.

Digong chuckled at Bong's question, only a few weeks ago he had heard that very same question from Honeylet.

"Wala talaga kayong tiwala kay Leni. Darating yun."

Bong did not speak any further.

Digong had always been like this. Every move was calculated even when you thought they weren't.

Digong walked towards his seat and sat down, stretching his legs before him.

"Sir?" Bong spoke after a few seconds.

Digong raises both eyebrows towards Bong as he clasps his hands together.

"Bakit niyo po pinapalabas 'tong drug matrix?"

He gestured at the pile of documents on top of the desk.

Digong's lips twitched to form a grin.

"Alam kong matagal mo nang gustong itanong yan pero-" he leaned back "-that matter is between me and Leni only...I promised her, Bong."

Bong nodded. "Naiintindihan ko po."

He knew better than to question the president's actions. There was always a reason behind every decision he made. If his plan required him to hide any information from him, then so be it.

"Sasabihan ko na po ang mga ralyista na papunta na kayo." Bong bowed a bit and then walked towards the exit.

"Bong."

He stopped and turn to look at the president.

"'Wag mo nang tawagan ang number ni Leni and if she ever tries to contact - don't answer it."

Bong wanted to ask again why he was ordering such directive, but he felt he might not be answered so he just nodded.

"Wiretapped ang telepono niya." Digong spoke, answering Bong's unspoken question.

"Ah - Opo." He nodded slightly.

"Sige, sabihan mo na sila na parating na ako."

"Yes sir."

-----

11:11 pm

He walked inside the dimly lit room, the carpet muffling his steps.

She was still wearing the dress she wore earlier that day as she leaned on the entrance of the passageway.

Her head and shoulders were slumped down and she seemed to be breathing heavily.

He stood a few feet away from her, but it didn't look like she noticed his presence.

"Drink."

She gasped and quickly looked up.

"S-sir?"

Her brows furrowed and her lips start to tremble as she stares at him in disbelief.

There were tears brimming from her eyes.