Chapter 3 | July 4, 2016 | Her Side

"3:30 pm daw ho today ma'am. Nagtext ho yung Office of the President."

Leni could still remember how excited she was when she heard the news last Sunday.

"Kaagad?"

She wasn't expecting the response to be this immediate when all the while she had been worrying that he would totally ignore her.

"Yes po. We have confirmed this already." Her spokes person beamed at her with delight.

All those weeks of trying to get a courtesy visit and now they were only a few hours away from it.

---

"This administration deserves our support. This is not only for President Duterte but for the entire country"

Leni was all smiles as she delivered her speech, sporting the unique coat that she decided to wear that day.

The coat is a one-of-a-kind item hand-embroidered by Rose Sangga, a T'boli artisan, for Filip+Inna, the Seloton Coat.

"As the Vice President, I believe that my No. 1 responsibility is to help rally everyone behind the new administration..."

She ended the speech with the crowd nodding and clapping in agreement.

That afternoon the Vice Presidential convoy started travelling towards the Malacañang Palace.

A few moments later, her phone had begun ringing.

It was a notification from whatsapp. She had recieved a message.

Aa Aika
Ma, are you at Malacañang already?

A few seconds later.

Aa Tricia
Omygod! Kinakabahan ako for you Ma! God bless!

Aa Aika
Balitaan mo kami kaagad Ma

After a few more seconds there was another reply

Aa Jillian
Ma! Dala ka food later!

Aa Tricia
Jill??? WTH???

Aa Jillian
Gutom lang me po...sahre na

Leni laughed at their exchange of messages and replied.

Aa Leni

On the way there Aika

Thank you Tricia!

Okay Jill I will. What do you want me to buy?

It took half a second before she recieved a reply.

Aa Jillian
Ice cream!!!

Aa Tricia
Nakakabusog ba yan Jill?

Aa Aika
Hahahahahaha

Aa Leni
What flavor? I'll buy nalang din for Tricia and Aika. What do you want girls?

Aa Jillian
Cookies and cream!

Aa Aika
Same with Jill

Aa Tricia
Any...basta masarap!

Leni typed in a quick reply.

Aa Leni
Okay got that. We have arrived!

The convoy had already gone inside the gates. Leni turned her phone on silent mode just in case.

Although more relaxed this time, Leni still had a bit of apprehension as she got out of the van.

There will be no more public eyes this time.