Chapter 12: First date?

Lucy P.O.V
After that huge ordeal, Rogue and I decided to get some training done and everyone else broke off and did their own thing. We trained for hours and hours before we got tired and passed out in the sand.
"We shouldn't be pushing ourselves like this..." Rogue comments.
"Probably not, but I want to get stronger." I say as I sit up and play with my magic.

"You can't be stronger physically until you are invincible emotionally" He says be,fore sitting up and looking me in the eyes. I was completely mesmerized by his brown eyes and I couldn't stop myself from leaning in a little and kissing his lips gently.
"What was that for?" He asked with a small smile
"You're right.." I say before turning my gaze to the stars above.
"When was the last time you used your key magic?"

"I honestly don't remember, I normally just mix my dragon slaying magic with the separate keys."
"How does that work?"
"Well as a celestial dragon slayer, I can change form to match the golden gate keys that I possess. For example, I can basically requip to Leo's form and work along side him while still using dragon magic. It's pretty neat.."
"I'm not 100% sure that that made sense Lucy, but I get it." He chuckles a little.

"It probably didn't" I giggle and lay on his shoulder.

"Wanna go grab a bite?" He asks with a slight blush.

"Is the infamous shadow dragon asking me out?" I tease and his blush deepens
"It's okay if you don't wanna..." I cut him off
"Are you kidding? I'm starving, lets go!" I stand up and drag him along.

*Time skip because I'm a lazy sack of shit....JK JK*

We arrive at this really neat fast food joint shortly after and I stare at the menu with hearts in my eyes.
"Lucy, aren't you on a diet or something?" He asks
"Only because Erza keeps making me feel fat with all her negative comments."
"You're perfect, eat what you want. I can tell you really want to" He flashes me a smile and I start ordering a shit ton of food (guess my dragon slayer appetite has finally kicked in). He and I combined probably ordered the who menu and shared everything. Sure it wasn't an ideal date, but it was perfect to me. After dinner was done with and our bellies were full, we took a walk on the beach together with our hands intertwined. Suddenly he stopped and looked over at me and I couldn't get a read on what he was thinking.
"What's on your mind?" I ask
"You're glowing, I'm just wondering why.." he smiles a little
"It's a thing celestial dragon slayers do when they're happy or if their heart has chosen a mate. I think I'm just happy." I reply blushing
"We'll see, mating season is coming" he smirks before leaning down and planting a sweet kiss upon my lips. It took me a second to process what was happening, but I started to kiss back shorty after.