Chapter 8: Sting's Mischief

Lucy P.O.V

'I ended up sleeping with Rogue every night after our security sessions and I've never felt happier. I wouldn't let them see it though, I don't want them to think I'm weird. Every morning I would wake up to his arms wrapped around my waist and every morning I left them there. I secretly loved being held by him and I secretly wished he held me like that on purpose.' I am pulled from my thoughts because Rogue and Sting were giving me a strange look.
"What?" I ask with a slight blush.
"We've been calling you're name for the past 10 minutes." Rogue says
"Oh, sorry I was thinking"
"That's okay, get ready for our last night on the job" Sting says before leaving the empty plate that once held his lunch and going into the bathroom, leaving Rogue and I in the room alone. 
"Mind if I ask what you were thinking about?" I look up at Rogue and blush again
"Nothing important.." I say as I clean up our mess.
"Why do you blush when you look at me?" He says as he starts moving closer to me, making me back up until I hit the wall. He looks deep into my eyes and uses his arms to block my path from me escaping. I couldn't move anyway, his gaze was captivating and I could hardly breathe. My heartbeat started to race and even skipped a few beats, I was trapped both physically and emotionally.
"I...um.." I started, but I couldn't say the truth.
"How do you feel around me?" He asks as his face inches closer to mine.
"Uhhh umm R-Rogue..." Was all I managed to get out before the bathroom door opens and Rogue backs away from me while chuckling to himself. "That wasn't funny..." I say as my blush darkens.
"We'll talk later" Was all he said before leaving the room, leaving me dumbfounded.
"What happened out here?" Stings asks confused
"I'm not so sure myself..."

*Time Skip: The Job*

Like always, we split up into teams since there were volunteer security as well. Rogue and I took half the volunteers to one side of the street and Sting insisted on taking his own half of the volunteers to the other half of the street. We told our volunteers to circle the whole celebration area, making sure no one gets in without paying while Rogue and I watched the front gates. After everyone dispersed, Rogue looks over at me.
"Do you hate me?" He asks before looking down at his feet.
"No, I could never hate you" I say as I walk over and touch his shoulder.
"Why do you seem so distant lately?"
"I've been thinking about certain things..." I trail off
"Lucy?" He looks into my eyes.
"hmm?" I hum in response.
"Why didn't you put up a fight when Sting suggested that we sleep together?"
"Because we've slept together before" I say trying to keep from giving my real answer.
"Why don't you freak out when you see that I've wrapped my arms around you inn my sleep?"
"Because it makes me feel safe" I wasn't lying there.
"So what if I wrapped my arms around you now?" He says as he wraps his arms around my waist making me blush redder than Erza's hair. I look up at him with surprise written all over my face and then I look away so that he won't tease me.
"I feel safe.." I am surprisingly honest and he looks down at me with a soft look in his eyes before leaning in a little. In that moment, my heart seemed to stop and the world around me moved a little slower as Rogue's lips came in contact with mine. What surprised me the most is that I kissed him back while instinctively wrapping my arms around his neck. We began making out a little until we heard a cough behind us, making us part lips to see who was there. We blushed and Sting was standing there with a smirk on his face.
"I knew you liked her" He says while holding up a small bottle.
"What did you do to me?" Rogue asks while blushing.
"Well everyone knows you two like each other, so I meddled a little bit and had this potion whipped up." He shrugs
"And what did it do?" I ask
"Oh it makes a person express their feelings to whomever is close by after taking it. I put it in Rogue's drink during Lunch and then went into the restroom for awhile." Sting says before walking back towards his post.
"Rogue?" I look at him and he looks away embarrassed which makes me frown.
"I'm sorry, Lucy. I wanted to tell you in a special way, but I had a feeling you'd shut me down so I hid my feelings from you."
"Rogue, I love you" I blurt out with a bright blush. "I didn't wanna confess until I was sure..." I say as I start walking away to avoid the awkwardness only to be grabbed by the hand. 
"Don't go, please! I love you too." He looks into my eyes before pulling me close to him for a hug which I happily gave him. We stayed together until the end of our shift and then walked back to the inn together.

Sting P.O.V
'That was too easy, I wish I had the guts to do the same with Yukino and I. They got their happily ever after, where the hell is mine?' I watch them walk without me and sigh to myself as I walk at a distance behind them. 'Blondie has a pretty nice ass.' I think as I watch it move and then I feel a sharp pain in my jaw.
"Pervert! Why you talking about Lucy like that!" Rogue says while cracking his knuckles and looking down at me.
"Since when do you read minds?!" I say while rubbing my jaw.
"Since you say you're thoughts out loud." Lucy giggles 
"Oh...I'm sorry" I say while blushing and scratching the back of my neck which seemed to calm Rogue a little. 'Or it could've been that Blondie kissed his cheek, I'm gonna go with me since my self-esteem needs some help' I think to myself as I get up off the ground to walk with them and get back to the inn.