Chapter 8 - A Death Arises

Seven constables knocked on every door in each hallway of that apartment building until they came upon the right one--the one which the owner didn't answer. That was Constable Nathaniel and Constable Adam's door. Constable Nathaniel shouted a warning that they were breaking in, but they heard no answer. After he counted to three, the men broke the door open with their pure body strength. 

       Inside they found two people--what appeared to be a teen guy and a teen girl--their hands tied behind their backs, their feet tied, blindfolds constricted about their ears and eyes, and thick pieces of fabric stuffed in their mouths, sitting against the living room wall.

       Constable Adam turned his chin to the walkie on his shoulder and raised his hand to click it.

       "We found them," he spoke into it. "Door 421."

       Within a matter of five minutes, all five constables and the four men arrived at the flat.

      The teens started breathing heavily, and they started to squirm as they heard the footsteps draw nearer.

      "My name is Percival Beckham, Liverpool Police Station," Percy informed them. "We are going to help you out."

     After that, the teens were still breathing heavily--a little less heavily, yet still so--but they did cease squirming. Percy untied the male teenager while Oliver untied the girl.

     They lastly untied their blindfolds.

     Percy's eyes widened.

     "You lot are twins!" he remarked as he helped them both stand up.

     The teenagers didn't say anything. Instead they looked around at the constables in the room.

    "What are they doing?" the girl asked, with a slight tone of worry in her soft voice.

    The boy tried to speak, but all he could manage was, "They...they are..."

    The lad then unpleasantly vomited onto his sister's shoulder and torso.

   "Darcy!" the girl gasped and  shrieked.  

   "Is it alright if we speak with you two?" Geoffrey asked them.

  The girl listened, but she only turned to her brother. He sat back down, and seemed to go to sleep.

      "I don't think he can, but, I guess I can, if you want," she replied.

       "Excellent. Percy, I'll talk to her. You can stay here and try to talk to the boy when he is ready."

        Percy gave a nod, and Geoffrey took the girl to the dining room, where he and she sat down opposite each other.

       "Wow, it feels like I'm getting interrogated or something," she scaredly expressed as they took their seats.

       "We are not interrogating you, we are just simply trying to find out how to keep you and your brother safe," he reassured her. "Now, will you tell me your name please? And age?"

       "I'm Natalie, and I'm fourteen," she said calmly.

      Geoffrey began to take his notepad out from his suit jacket, but his eyes widened.

       "Fourteen, you said?"

       "Yes, fourteen."

       "Oh, I'm sorry; you and your brother look more like eighteen to me. And what is your brother's--"