Kittah Story

Standing in the frilly, blue dress my mother had picked out especially for me to wear on my first day of school. I observed the other students as they entered under the large wrought iron arch which said the name of the university in big large letters.

University of Austin peay, I felt elated that I'd managed to get in, but I also felt slightly sad that I'd left my friends behind, and the days of lazing around at school had ended.

Taking a step forward on the dark red sidewalk, that'd been specially painted to imbue students with the university spirit, I lifted my head to observe the light from the spring sun that flickered through the bright green leaves. It was spring, and I, myself already felt excitement for this next chapter in my life.

"Yo, is that Kitah?!"

Pausing just under the arch I glanced towards the person who'd spoken, and felt a ripple of shock and surprise run over me.

Tyler, one of my friends from highschool stood with two others right behind me. She didn't look at all like the number one wet dream like she'd used in highschool, her long hair was now  dreaded and lifted in a bun,the back had been buzzed cut high. Perfect makeup, and contouring were replaced with dark black glasses and her usual tight uniform with short skirt had been opted out for a large dark sweatshirt, and cut off short light blue jeans.

All finished off with a pair of flip-flops, I felt my strap to my shoulder bag drift down.

"Kitah, it's really you," She said with excitement walking towards me, she eagerly pulled me into a hug, she gave me a once over, "Looking adorable as usual, I didn't know you picked this school." She said pulling me out of the shock, and awe of emotions I was currently running through.

"Ah, y-yes, it just turned out this way," I lifted a hand nervously scratching at my cheek, "I decided that I wanted to move here, rather than stay in Cadiz."

"I feel you," Pulling back and crossing her arms, taking on the appearance of a sage elder, she continued, "It's always better to come to a city."

Feeling some of my shock abate, I felt myself relaxing as Tyler hadn't changed...well aside from her outfit choice, "So what brought you here?" I asked, interested to know why she'd decided to come to this school.

Tyler expression turned sheepish, as she rubbed the back of her head, "I needed to get away...I mean," She said flushing as she dropped her hand, casting her eyes away from me, "It's hard being a fujioshi in the middle of nowhere...no inspiration for writing."

"Mhm," I said her words brushing over me, so that I hadn't truly grasped them, until a minute went by, "What?!"

She jumped back, her eyes wide before she laughed striking a pose, "That's right, I'm a BL writer...well, my pro gig has only been going for three years but...?" She shrugged.