~Chapter Twenty Five~

Start from the beginning

I tried to keep everyone in my range of eyesight, and by everyone I just mean my boys. "My boys" has now just become my term for them, cause ya know they are mah boys.

Luci stayed in the corner most of the time, a girl walking up to him every so often but he must be telling them something to spook them off cause every time I see a girl leave she leaves with shocked eyes.

Allen happily sipped into one of those red cups, probably beer, and sat on the couch. It seemed he hadn't had a drink in quite a while.

Matt, surprisingly, kept by my side. It seemed he was just as anti-social as I was. He really didn't want to speak to people. Every single time a girl came up to him she would try to spark conversation but he would just kill it by not speaking. Literally, he would just shrug then she would leave. Which was a good maneuver to be honest. I ought to try it out one day, maybe that one kid in math will finally leave me alone.

Thankfully, probably cause of Matt, not a lot of guys walked up to me. Which was a huge relief cause I hated the smell of beer and sweat from the guys at these types of parties.

"When are we leaving?" Matt finally piped up asking.

I smiled gently, unsure of how to reply. "I'm not sure."

He sighed and looked to the side. I could tell his discomfort here. "If you really hate it that much you can wait in the car and I'll ask the others if we can leave?"

He looked back up at me and quickly retorted with, "Oh no, it's fine you don't have to do that." I could tell he didn't want to bother me, but I hated seeing him so uncomfortable.

"Its fine, I can take a couple more hours." He said with a shrug. Matt seems so stoic but he's actually a fluff ball that doesn't want to cause any trouble.

"Matt, are you sure?" I question.

He looks straight at me and for a millisecond I can see somewhat of a smile but then it fades away as quickly as it comes. "Yeah, I'm sure."

Ugh such a sweetheart. My mind screams. I mean, it's totally true.

A couple minutes pass and after looking at tons of people drinking I begin to feel a bit parched.

"Hey, I'm gonna see if they have water in the kitchen. You wanna come or do you think you can live without me for 5 minutes?" I question Matt and he looks at me stunned for a second then returns to his normalness. "You can go." He says bitterly. "I'll be right back." I say with a playful wink then go on my way.

Walking into the kitchen was like walking into hell. It reeked like bad alcohol and dirty socks, not a pleasant scent. Plus the imagery didn't help. Almost everyone who wanted to make out was in the kitchen. Tongues tied, bodies twisted, how pleasant. I sneer at the people and try to make my way through the endless waves of couples. Out of the sea I see my salvation, the fridge. I pray to every God imaginable, hoping that a cold unopened bottle of water resides inside. As I open the door I can literally see holy light coming from it. And inside, was my savior. A single, unopened water bottle stood in the center of the empty fridge. Calling my name, I reached out to it, the cold substance in my hands. I took a moment to dwell in that moment. For once, a true moment of joy. A cold water bottle in a moment of desperation.